Look at the casinos in Las Vegas—they’re huge! Casinos are a destination.
They offer food, shows and gambling to attract visitors, but they also want to keep you there as long as possible. And even though they have all of that, it can still be hard to find an open table or slot machine when you walk in the door.
Technology comes into play: with more ways for people to gamble online, some players might be less inclined to make the trip out just for a few hours of gaming time.
The Casino USA industry is one of the most competitive and constantly evolving businesses globally. To stay ahead of the curve, casinos turn to technology for answers.
Here are 10 of the latest and most remarkable technologies that are revolutionizing the casino industry:
1. Virtual Reality Gambling: Although it is still in its early stages, virtual reality gambling could become the industry standard one day. Players would strap on a headset and be transported to a virtual casino where they can play any game they want. This technology is becoming more realistic, but it’s also becoming more affordable. Facebook’s Oculus Rift and HTC’s Vive are two popular VR headsets that have already been used in some casinos.
2. Augmented Reality: This is similar to virtual reality, but instead of being transported to a different world, players are still in the real world but with computer-generated images overlaid on top of their view. This technology is often used for gaming and entertainment purposes, but it also has potential for casino applications. For example, players could use AR to see their odds of winning a hand of blackjack before they make a bet.
3. Mobile Apps: Nearly everyone has a smartphone these days, and casinos are taking advantage of this by developing mobile apps. Many popular online casino games like slots and blackjack have been developed into mobile apps that you can download onto phones and tablets. These apps allow players to do everything from book a hotel room to order food and drinks, and they can even be used to gamble.
4. Online Gambling: This is perhaps the most obvious way technology has changed casinos. In the past, players had to be present in a casino to gamble physically. But with the advent of online gambling, players can now bet from anywhere in the world as long as they have an internet connection, which has given rise to a whole new online casinos industry.
5. Cryptocurrency: Cryptocurrency is a digital or virtual currency that uses cryptography to secure transactions. Bitcoin, the most well-known cryptocurrency, has been around for a few years now, and it’s starting to gain traction in the gambling world. Many online casinos accept Bitcoin as a form of payment, and some even offer exclusive bonuses for players who use it.
6. Blockchain: Blockchain is a technology often used in conjunction with cryptocurrency. The Blockchain is a secure and transparent way to store information. Casinos use blockchain to store guest information, track transactions, and even create virtual currencies.
7. Artificial Intelligence: Artificial intelligence is being used by casinos to provide a more personalized experience for guests. AI can track a guest’s behaviour and preferences so that the casino can offer them tailored services and promotions. AI can also be used to power chatbots to answer guests’ questions and help them navigate the casino floor.
8. Biometrics: Biometrics is a technology used by casinos to increase security. Casinos are using biometrics to identify guests and staff members. Biometrics can also track a person’s movements and monitor their behaviour.
9. Internet of Things: The internet of things is a network of physical devices connected to the internet. Casinos use the internet of things to connect devices such as slot machines, table games, and even surveillance cameras. This allows casinos to collect data and improve the guest experience.
10. 5G: is the next generation of mobile communications technology. With 5G technology, you can expect faster speeds and more dependable connections than ever before. Casinos are starting to use 5G to power mobile apps, online gambling, and virtual reality experiences. 5G will allow casinos to offer guests a more immersive and interactive experience.
These are just a few of the advancements revolutionizing the casino business. Casinos are always looking for ways to improve the guest experience and stay ahead of the competition. These new technologies will change the way we gamble and make casinos even more fun and exciting places to visit.
About the Author
Jason Boot is the Toronto-born author famous for visiting and reviewing all of the physical casinos in his home country of Canada. His love of gaming and technology has allowed him to travel extensively and experience gaming worldwide, and his goal is to stay and play at every casino in the USA.