Instagram is a great way to connect with your customers, but it can also be a challenge. If you want to get more Instagram followers for free. With so many different options out there to choose from, it’s important to understand which work and which to stay away from.
With all of that being said, here are 10 ways that might help.
Add an Instagram follow button to your website.
You can add a follow button to your website using a plugin or an app.
- Plugins: The first option is to use an Instagram plugin for WordPress that allows you to add a follow button directly onto your website. This will allow people who visit the site to quickly and easily follow you on Instagram without having to leave the page they’re already on!
- Apps: Another way of doing this would be by using an app like Followgram which allows users with accounts at certain services like Twitter, Facebook or Pinterest (and many others) as well as having their own domain name/website address set up beforehand too – so if any of these things apply then this might be worth checking out further!
Comment on other people’s posts.
Commenting on other people’s posts is one of the best ways to get more followers. When you do it right, it can be a win-win situation. You’re helping out a fellow content creator and they’ll probably return the favor by following you back (and maybe even sharing your photos).
Here are some tips for commenting effectively:
- Be polite and respectful. Don’t post negative comments or spam other users’ accounts with links or ads for your own page. If someone has posted something offensive, report it instead of responding yourself–that way Instagram can take care of removing the offending post while keeping things civil between all parties involved!
- Don’t overdo it! If someone posts five photos in a row without any comments from anyone else yet, don’t comment on all five just because there’s room available under each image; wait until another person has left something before chiming in again yourself so as not too inundate anyone with too much feedback at once (or else risk coming off as desperate). But also remember that sometimes there won’t be any responses from anyone else yet either…so if this happens then go ahead and chime in anyway–it might make all those likes worth even more than usual since no one else seems interested yet but maybe later down line someone will see how great these pictures look/sound/smell/taste etcetera etcetera…and come back later after checking out some other sites first.”
Share photos of your followers.
You can use photos of your followers to show them that you appreciate them. You can also use photos of your followers to show them how important they are to you and the community, or even just keep track of who’s following along on Instagram.
If someone has been following your account for a long time, it’s nice to give them some recognition–especially if they’re one of those people who rarely comments but always likes every post!
Use hashtags when you post.
Hashflags are a great way to connect with people who are interested in your business. They can help you get more followers and promote your brand. Hashflags make it easier for people to find and follow you, so use hashtags that are relevant to what you post on Instagram.
In addition to using hashtags, be sure to add interesting captions to your posts. This is a great way to increase follower activity and getting more comments.
Follow people who are similar to you.
If you’re trying to build your Instagram following and want to do it for free, one of the best ways is by following people who are similar to you.
If you follow people who have similar interests as yours and they follow back, then that means they are interested in what you post too! So if someone follows me because I’m into fitness and health (which I am), then I’ll probably follow them back because I love seeing what people post about fitness & nutrition.
But what if someone doesn’t follow me? Well then maybe we aren’t quite on the same wavelength yet–or maybe they just don’t care enough about what I’m doing on my page or blog. Either way, this method works great because it allows us all an opportunity at getting more followers without having had any previous connection before now.
Interact with followers.
- Respond to comments.
- Like and comment on other people’s posts.
- Use emojis when you respond to comments or like a photo or video, as long as it’s relevant to the content you’re commenting on (and not just because you want the person who posted it to notice).
- Ask questions through Instagram stories: You can ask followers questions about their day, their weekend plans, what they did last night–you get the idea! You could even ask them what they’d like to see more of in your feed or what they think of a specific post that might be relevant for all of your followers (i.e., something funny from one friend but also interesting enough for another friend who doesn’t know him well).
Post videos and photos that show off your personality.
You don’t have to be a professional photographer or videographer to get more Instagram followers. In fact, the best way to gain followers is by sharing content that showcases your personality and interests–and that’s something everyone can do!
If you’re interested in photography and videography, then by all means share those photos and videos with the world. But even if you’re not a photographer or filmmaker (or even if it’s just not your thing), there are still plenty of ways for you to show off who you really are on Instagram:
- Show off your skills. If there’s something specific about yourself that makes people want to follow along with what you’re doing in life, share it! This could include anything from making art pieces out of found objects (like old tires) or learning how-to videos about repairing electronic appliances at home (like microwaves). Whatever skill set makes up who they think they’re going into work every day will help them connect with potential new customers/patrons/followers–so give them something worth following after all these years by putting their name in lights (or at least on social media).
Offer exclusive deals or discounts to followers.
You can make followers more likely to follow you by offering them a reason. You might give away exclusive deals or discounts on products they want, or even freebies!
Use Instagram stories to help people connect with you and your brand.
- Use Instagram stories to help people connect with you and your brand.
- Share behind-the-scenes photos and videos.
- Share exclusive content, like an interview or Q&A session with a customer or fan of your business, that only followers can see.
- Show off your brand’s personality by posting funny photos or videos that show how great it is to work at your company (or just make people laugh).
- Use the stories feature as another way to promote events or products, especially ones that are time sensitive (like sales) so they don’t get lost in the feed!
Use hashflags to showcase locations in your photos that are significant to you or your business. They’re great for drawing attention to specific products or services!
Hashflags are location-based hashtags. They can be used to show where you are or where you’re going, and they help people find out more about your business. For example, if you own a restaurant in New York City, using the #nycfoodie hashtag will help people who live in New York City find out about your restaurant without having to search for it on Instagram themselves.
Hashflags work by adding an @ sign before any word or phrase that starts with “city name” (e.g., @boston). You could also use them when posting photos related to a specific location–for example, if I’m traveling through Europe this summer and want my followers back home in Los Angeles to know what I’m up to while abroad!
We hope that these tips have helped you learn how to get more Instagram followers for free. Remember, there are many different ways to build your audience on this platform and make sure they stay engaged with what you have to offer. You don’t always need money or resources; sometimes just some creativity and a willingness to try new things will go a long way!