Air fryers are a new favorite of culinary experts. You can make almost everything with an air fryer. The plus point is that air fried food doesn’t contain oil. So if you have bought an air fryer and are looking for some tasty yet easy dishes to try, this blog is for you. I have listed down 5 dishes to make using air fryers.
And if you are looking for air fryer toaster ovens for your kitchen, I’d suggest you go through this blog on the best air fryer toaster ovens.
1. Air Fryer Chicken Thighs:
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- Boneless chicken thighs, with skin, 4 pieces
- 2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¾ tablespoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper, ground
- Preheat the air fryer oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees Celius).
- Pat the chicken thighs until they are dry with a paper towel and brush the skin side of each cut with oil. Place the chicken pieces in a layer, skin-side down on a plate.
- Combine the garlic powder, salt, smoked paprika, and pepper powder in a bowl and add half of the seasoning mixture evenly over the 4 chicken pieces. Turn thighs over and evenly sprinkle the leftover seasoning mixture on the top. Place chicken thighs in the air fryer oven in a single layer, keeping up the skin-side.
- Fry in the air fryer (preheated) until chicken turns brown and juices run clear for about 20 minutes. Insert a thermometer into the center to keep the temperature in check.
2. Pumpkin Cheesecake Enchiladas
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Additional Timing: 2 hours
Total Timing: 2 hours 40 minutes
- 15-ounce pumpkin puree (1 can)
- 8 ounce softened cream cheese (2 packs)
- 3/4th cup white sugar
- 1/4th cup brown sugar
- 3.4 ounces instant cheesecake-flavored pudding mix (1 package)
- 2 tablespoon divided and ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup melted unsalted butter
- 8 ounce thawed whipped topping (1 container)
- 1/3 cup caramel sauce
- ¼ cup cinnamon graham cracker crumbs
- Salt for seasoning
- Line a strainer with paper tissues and place it over a pot. Place pumpkin puree on the tissues and cover the pot with air-tight wrap. Place in the fridge and drain it overnight.
- Beat the cream cheese with an electric mixer to make it smooth. Add half cup brown sugar, pudding mix, white sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and nutmeg and mix it well. Mix in drained pumpkin. Divide the mixture among tortillas and immediately roll them.
- Combine the remaining 1 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/4 cup sugar in a small bowl and stir to mix it well.
- Brush melted butter over each stuffed tortilla and sprinkle cinnamon-sugar mixture over each of them.
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees Celcius).
- Stuff the air fryer base with as many enchiladas as you can adjust in a single row with at least an inch hole in between. Air-fry it until it becomes slightly crisp and golden brown or 5-7 minutes. Remove it into a serving plate and let it cool down. Repeat it with the remaining enchiladas.
- Just before serving, top evenly with whipped topping, caramel sauce, and graham cracker crumbs.
- You can refrigerate the air-fried enchiladas (after step 6) for up to 1 hour before serving—complete step 7 just before serving.
3. Olive-Brined Air-Fryer Turkey Breast
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Additional Time: Approx. 8 hours
Total Time: 8 hours 30 minutes
Yield: 14 serving
- ¾ cup brine from a frozen olive can
- ½ cup buttermilk (cold)
- 3 ½ pounds skinless and boneless turkey breast
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary
- 2 sprig fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (optional)
- 1 pinch brown sugar
- Whisk the buttermilk and olive brine. Put the cleaned turkey breast into a plastic bag with a lock and pour the buttermilk-brine mixture into the bag. Add thyme and rosemary sprigs. Seal bag and refrigerate for 8 hours.
- Take the sealed bag out of the fridge and allow it to rest until the breast reaches room temperature.
- When it comes down to room temperature, use a paper napkin to wipe off the meatloaf and dry it evenly.
- Preheat the air fryer oven to 380 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celcius).
- Cook the meat in the air fryer for 10-15 minutes. Flip over the breast and cook for 5 minutes until the turkey breast is white in the center and the juices become clear. Insert the best meat thermometer into the center; it should read at least 170 degrees Fahrenheit (74 degrees Celcius). If the internal temperature is lower, keep cooking at 5-minute intervals until the correct temperature is reached.
- Use a fork to check if the turkey breast is tender or not.
- Rub a spoonful of olive oil over the turkey breast and keep it inside for another 5 minutes. This step is optional, though.
4. Air Fryer Pizza Recipe:
Prep time for the dough: 20 minutes
Additional time: 1 hour 10 minutes
Yield: 2 serving
Prep Time for Pizza: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Total time: 2 hours approx.
For the Dough –
- 4 cups flour, extra for rolling
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 sachet dry yeast (instant)
- 2 tbsp salt
- 2 cups water at 110 degrees Fahrenheit
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons
For the Pizza –
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/3 c. crushed tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tbsp. oregano
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 (8-oz.) mozzarella ball, cut into ¼” slices
- Basil leaves for serving
- Combine the sugar, yeast, bread flour, and salt in the pot of a stand mixer and mix well. While the mixer grinder is running, add two cups of water and two tablespoons of oil and beat until the dough becomes a ball. Add some flour if the batter is sticky until the batter comes together as a solid dough. Sprinkle dry flour over the dough and rub it with it and knead it slowly into a firm and smooth ball.
- Grease a large pot with the remaining olive oil, put the dough, and cover the pot with a plastic sheet and put it in a warm area, and leave it to get double in size about one hour. Cut the dough on a surface that is covered with dry flour and cut it into two pieces. Cover each with a clean cotton cloth or plastic wrapper and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Using dry flour will give it a crispy crust. If you can’t find bread flour, you can substitute it with all-purpose flour, which will give you a chewier crust.
- On a dry, floured surface, gently press the dough with your hands until it gets flat. Repeat the same with the other dough. Brush both flattened doughs with olive oil and put the oil side up into your air fryer
- Stir the crushed garlic, oregano, and tomatoes in a medium bowl, and season with salt and pepper. Put half of the mixture on the center of flattened pizza dough, then spread into an even layer, leaving the outer crust.
- Add half the mozzarella slices to the pizza. Air fry at 400° for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the crust is golden and the cheese is melted.
- Remove first pizza from air fryer basket using 2 pairs of tongs, and garnish with basil leaves. Assemble and cook second pizza, garnish, and serve.
5. Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan:
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 large boneless chicken breasts
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 c. all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 c. panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 c. freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 c. marinara sauce
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella
- Freshly chopped parsley for garnish
- Carefully butterfly the chicken by cutting it in half widthwise to create 4 thin pieces of chicken—season on both sides with pepper and salt.
- Prepare dredging station: Take flour in a bowl and season with a pinch of pepper and salt. Place eggs in another bowl and beat it well. Combine parmesan, bread crumbs, oregano, red pepper flakes, and garlic powder in a third bowl.
- Take one portion of meat at a time, coat in flour, then dip in eggs and finally press into the panko mixture, and make sure both sides are coated with the mixture.
- Work in batches if it is necessary. Place chicken in the air fryer pot and cook at 400° Fahrenheit for 5-10 minutes on both sides. Top the meat with mozzarella and cook at 400° Fahrenheit for 3 minutes more or until cheese is golden and melted.
- Garnish with parsley to serve.
You are still reading this! Now that I have given you 5 awesome recipes go ahead and make them. Be it your date night or thanksgiving dinner, take the dinner table by storm.