Camping is one of the most popular outdoor activities in the world which involves a lot of staying out in open spaces in broad daylight or at night. Individuals mainly take part in this activity to get away from the monotony of urban life, and to improve their mental and physical health. To sum up, in simple words camping is beneficial for both the mind and the body. The benefits of camping include learning new skills, connecting with nature, getting help from depression or anxiety, getting opportunities to learn more about nature, and many more.
Moreover going camping with friends and family can also help you with spending more time with them or in case you are going alone you can get a chance to meet more campers and make new friends. So if you are planning to go camping it is quite natural that you will need to have a proper shelter so that you don’t get sunburned or catch a cold, something like hiking tents in NZ.
The only thing about camping that can be a bit of a hassle is carrying heavy poles of camping tents and tying several knots on them for setting up a shelter. If you too are someone who doesn’t like this hassle then you should go for inflatable tents in New Zealand. These tents were first made in the year 1981. Inflatable tents are easy to set up as it doesn’t involve any poles to set them up. These tents have a beam as a major part of the fabric of the tent which holds up its shape. These beams are filled up with air which is why they are also called air tents.
Inflatable tents are also great for big families as setting up a kid while managing kids can be tough. These kinds of tents can be pitched up within seconds all that you need to do for setting the tent is unfold the tent, then pump it up and it is ready for use.
What Are the Benefits Of An Inflatable Tent?
At the first glance, inflatable tents may appear like any other type of camping or hiking tent in NZ. But there are many benefits that come with this tent which makes the whole process of camping a bit easier and hassle-free for campers. Some of these benefits are listed below.
- Weight – Carrying a heavy tent and its poles can be really stressful especially when you are hiking uphill. It not only will make it hard for you to walk fast but also can cause back problems. But you won’t have to encounter a similar issue if you choose to use an inflatable tent. These tents in general will be way lighter than other tents of the same size as they don’t have any poles which is comparatively the heaviest part of a tent. An inflatable tent has a lot of fabric in them which acts as beams where the air is filled to give the tent a shape.
- One bag – Inflatable hiking tents in New Zealand are very compact and can be easily packed into one bag. This has happened with more or less all campers that they have missed out on bringing the poles of the tent, and that is as bad if not worse as not bringing any tent at all. As inflatable tents come in one bag so it is quite easy to pack them, you just need to pop in one bag in your car and you are good to go.
- Ease of pitching – Inflatable tents are great for campers who are camping alone as it is very easy to set them up and can be done just with the help of battery-operated pumps. Whereas, it takes more than one person, sometimes three to set up a traditional tent. Moreover, if you are a new camper then inflatable tents will be a good fit for you.
Key Features of An Inflatable Tent
- The frame of an inflatable tent is actually an air-column structure. This is better than the metal frame of a traditional tent because it helps the tent in being convenient, small, and easy to carry. Moreover, as these tents don’t have any metal in their overall structure, it also eliminates any chance of getting damaged by rust or other decay.
- Most inflatable tents in NZ are made up of double-layer PVC synthetic fiber, which is extremely strong and durable and also has waterproof, windproof, and fireproof qualities.
- The best feature of most inflatable tents is that they are anti-infrared, anti-moisture, anti-mosquito insulation, and flame-retardant.
If you are a camper who loves to go on hikes and camping for spending some peaceful time but hates the hassle of carrying the heavy poles of camping tents, then inflatable hiking tents in New Zealand can be a good option for you. These tents are easy-to-carry, waterproof, extremely durable, and long-lasting. However, the best feature of these tents is that they can be set up within minutes just by using a battery-operated pump. These tents are also great for big families or a big group of campers as they come in a huge variety of sizes.