The Best Casino Card Games for New Players
Casinos are known for being a hub where excitement and entertainment are only a dice-throw or card deal away. They offer a wide range of games that cater to players of all skill levels, and many include cryptocurrencies as their monetary choice for players to use.
For newcomers, casino card games provide an ideal starting point for those interested in learning about gambling. However, there are so many choices, do you know which you should try first?
For those seeking games of chance, skill, and strategy, you don’t need to look further than these interesting, as well as lesser-known card games.
Known as a game of both elegance and simplicity, Baccarat is a great card game that is easy enough for beginners to pick up quickly, but exciting enough that you’ll want to return to it time and again. The game revolves around the Player and Banker hands and those participating will bet on which hand it is that will come the closest to 9 – or if they’ll both end in a Tie. The main reasons to consider trying your hand at Baccarat are the fact that it offers:
- Ease of play and simplicity: With no need for bluffing or too much strategy, Baccarat is a great first-time card game that offers absolute simplicity in its setup. It’s easy to grasp, as players need to only make one of three bets.
- A low house edge: With a very low house edge, Baccarat gives players good betting odds, especially when players choose to bet on the Banker since the house edge is only 1.06%.
- Pai Gow
Those after a unique Asian game, that has combined beautifully with a Western one, can’t go wrong with trying their luck at Pai Gow Poker. This game takes the best of both worlds, as it combines Western-style poker with the popular Chinese game of Pai Gow. In this game, players create two poker hands, a high five-card hand, and a lower-ranking two-card hand, in order to beat the dealer. A reason to try it is:
- The great strategy element: Though the rules are easy to grasp early on, there’s a strategic side of the game, notably in deciding precisely how to split your cards into the two required hands.
The game of Blackjack, also known as 21, is one of the most iconic casino card games and is featured as a top choice for movie protagonists in numerous television shows and movies. It’s easy to understand its popularity as the rules are incredibly simple: beat the dealer by having a hand come as close to 21 as possible, without going over (bust). Some of the top reasons to choose it include the fact it offers:
- The chance to use strategy: While luck certainly plays a large role in all games of chance, blackjack also offers players room for strategy. This comes across notably in deciding whether to hit, stand, double down on your bet or if you get them, to split pairs. By brushing up on some basic strategy before you play will often help you to improve your odds.
- It’s a social game: You’ll rarely find Blackjack tables that don’t offer a social atmosphere, as the game itself encourages interaction between players. This is great for those who like to chat.
- Spanish 21
A commonly found casino option online at casinos like Black Lotus, the game of Spanish 21 is a blackjack variation that is played with a Spanish deck that doesn’t include any 10s. The goal of the game remains the same as blackjack, however, and that is to beat the dealer by having a hand value as close to 21 as possible. Some reasons to try this variation of blackjack include the fact it offers:
- A low house edge: Spanish 21 has rules that favor players and help to reduce the house edge, which in turn, makes it quite appealing to players who seek an advantage over the house.
- Numerous types of bonus payouts: Another great reason to try Spanish 21 is that the game offers various bonus payouts if players reach specific special hands. This in turn enhances the chance for players to win big.
- Three Card Poker
A game known for being fast and furious, Three Card Poker is a quick-paced card game compared to longer-playing traditional poker varieties. In this version, players compete against the dealer. The main aim of the game is to have a better three-card hand than the one that the dealer holds. Apart from good odds, and an easy-to-learn rule set, another top reason to try the game is the fact it offers:
- A great payout: Offering a unique deal, Three Card Poker has the Pair Plus side bet, which more often than not can result in a very large payout – even if you don’t beat the dealer.
- Casino War
A game that most of us remember from our childhoods is the game of War and to date it remains one of the simplest card games to play, ever. In the game, players draw cards, and the one who has the higher card wins. The house edge is also evenly split for player vs dealer – though the house edge comes into play when a tie occurs. Mostly it’s a fantastic game to consider because it has:
- Quick to pick up the rules: There are almost no other card games that you can grasp as quickly as War which makes it ideal for those who want to start playing the game right away.
- Fast playing rounds: When playing Casino War the cards are dealt swiftly which means it’s a great game to play when you’re short on time.
- Learn card ranks: For those who’ve never played cards before, the game is the ideal one to start with since you’ll quickly learn the various card rankings as well as their values, which is valuable information once you move on to trying other card games.
When it comes to casino games you may not have played before these all offer an excellent starting point for new players. They are not only enjoyable but also provide opportunities to learn, develop strategies, and you may even walk away with a good winning haul at the end of your iGaming time.