The Premier League team Newcastle was recently purchased by Savvy Gaming Group, a Saudi Arabian company backed by the government’s Public Investment Fund. The group continues to expand with the recent aquisition of FACEIT for $500 million and a $1.5 billion agreement for ESL. The business deal is part of a larger plan to merge FACEIT and ESL and operate the two companies under the ESL FACEIT Group banner. The transaction is expected to close in the second quarter of this year.
The investment coincides with a number of acquisitions by the group, and a7labet was among the first to comment on the transaction, stating that it will alter the esports landscape not only in the region, but worldwide. According to a spokesperson for a7labets, ESL and FACEIT have well-deserved reputations in the Arab region for their success in organizing eSports competitions, and the eSports industry is expected to grow exponentially in the near future.
The proposed merger and SGG’s support, according to Craig Levin, CEO of ESL, will increase access to more resources and industry knowledge while multiplying the companies’ capabilities. He believes it will help him deliver on the vision he has set. The accomplished executive envisions a future in which every stage of development is optimized for greater success.
As expected, leadership will need to be adjusted once the merger is completed. Ralph Reichert will lead the group as CEO, with Nicolo Maisto and Craig Levine serving as associate CEOs.
Despite the changes, the two companies that have merged under the newly formed ESL FACEIT Group will continue to operate in the eSports industry. ESL, according to Levine, will continue with its business mission. The company’s goal is to create an eSports world where all interested players can find the game that best suits them. It aspires to improve the eSports industry in Saudi Arabia and, eventually, the Arab region as a whole.
ESL FACEIT Group
The ESL FACEIT Group will be formed to assist the merging companies in their development. It will support the anticipated improvements because the two are expected to operate at more advanced levels together. They will follow a set of clearly defined guidelines designed to help them serve eSports players in the Arab region and around the world. The ESL FACEIT Group will operate under the following guidelines:
- The group will look for advanced players who are professional and have a track record of good play.
- The group will work to expand the number of eSports tournaments available.
- ESL FACEIT Group will develop advanced training and education programs for unskilled gamers.
- It is anticipated that it will use live eSports broadcasts more expertly to improve team development and unleash the true potential of upcoming players.
- It will broaden the company’s geographical reach and work to meet the needs of more players in the Arab region in order to broaden the region’s public base.
- The organization will assist players in the region who wish to compete in international tournaments. It will also provide them with an opportunity to showcase their abilities and aid in their transition to professional players.
- It will supplement business tools and techniques to provide seamless and competitive gaming environments to all eSports players.
- In order to create a level playing field, the group will develop server infrastructure, tournament tools, and radical solutions to combat online cheating in all eSports games.
Impact of the New Development on the Growth of eSports
The signing of the contract to purchase FACEIT and ESL indicates an expansion of the Arab eSports industry. The move is a positive development in the Middle East’s eSports industry, owing to Saudi Arabia’s involvement. Saudi Arabia has expressed great interest in eSports, which is also inspiring other Arab countries.
Given the trajectory of the modern gaming industry, both gamers and operators stand to benefit from the expansion but gambling in Arabic countries is controversal. The Savvy Gaming Group is expected to embark on a mission to study the Arab region’s market needs and use all available resources to meet them. This will make it easier to accurately represent the most appropriate games in the Arab region. The new group is also expected to boost eSports in the region by organizing more competitions. People in the Arab world will benefit more from increased competition. They will also enjoy localized games that will put the Arab world on the map.
We can anticipate improved eSports gaming in the Middle East in the future. Savvy Gaming Group has put the Arab region’s eSports arena on a more secure path, with more opportunities for players and other stakeholders.