Beer kegs are the best you can use for beer storage and dispensing in terms of durability, cleanliness, and usability.
In this article, we will focus on the main advantages of the kegs, figure out what beer kegs are made of, what their types are, and where they can be purchased.
The Advantages of New Stainless Steel Beer Kegs
Looking for new beer kegs for sale? Then let’s start with the material used for their manufacturing.
The very first beer kegs were made of wood. Then, they started to use aluminum for the production.
But the highest quality commercial beer kegs for sale are made from stainless steel.
And, although you can find kegs made of other materials on the market, most breweries prefer these brewery kegs for sale:
- Steel is an inert metal: it does not interact with beverages, so does not affect their quality and taste.
- Such barrels are resistant to temperature fluctuations, corrosion, and mechanical impacts. They last longer than the other types, so you’ll save money in the long run.
- new kegs for sale made of stainless steel are very convenient to operate, which makes them ideal for commercial breweries.
Types of Stainless Steel Beer Kegs
When it comes to buying new barrels, pay attention to such factors as size and capacity.
Thus, the following types are often chosen for commercial production:
- Half barrel keg, which holds 15.5 gallons. Tank characteristics: 23 x 16 inches.
- Quarter barrel keg, which is designed for 7.75 gallons. There are 2 models of this barrel: Slim (or Tall) or Pony quarter. Of these two, the low variant of Pony is more popular. Its parameters are 16 ⅛ x 3⅞ inches. Slim Quarter is higher and thinner than a pony: 23⅜” x 11⅛”.
- Sixth barrel keg for 5.16 gallons. The height of the tank is 23⅜”, diameter 9¼”.
The first two options are mostly used on an industrial scale, while the latter is needed for small batches of beer. For example, if an enterprise needs to test some new recipe.
Factors to Consider When Ordering/Buying New Kegs
When buying such products we recommend paying attention to the following issues:
- Capacity: Available dimensions we’ve specified above.
- Type of fittings, for example, keg coupler. Different types of beer require different couplings.
- Keg prices: Often keg cost depends on the size of your barrels (bigger kegs cost more).
Where to Buy New Empty Kegs
Looking for empty kegs for sale?
The cost depends on several factors, starting from a model you choose and ending with a capacity you need.
If you place a large order for empty kegs, you can get a discount.
About UBC Group USA
You can find the best beer kegs on the UBC Group USA website – a company that has been producing and delivering high-quality beer equipment for 30 years:
- The brand uses true 304 stainless steel;
- Thanks to special technologies UBC barrels come 15-30% lighter than regular stainless-steel kegs, which is very convenient in production;
- Strong keg body easily withstands any mechanical impact;
- More competitive pricing.
The company may be contacted at UBC DISTRIBUTION USA INC
65 North Central Dr. O’Fallon, MO 63366
E-mail: [email protected]
Try and see for yourself: UBC Group products are the best on the market!