If you decided to start doing hair extensions, then you probably heard about k tip extensions. This is one of the most ultra-natural-looking extensions, which, if installed correctly, are not damaging to natural hair.
Keep reading our article to learn how to work correctly in this technique, what tools are needed for it, and where you can buy the highest quality bundles for hair extensions.
Applying K Tip Hair Extensions: Step-By-Step Guide
Before making hair extensions, the stylist needs to buy all the necessary tools and consumables.
Let’s start with the list of tools. You will need:
- Keratin Melting Iron
- Heat Protector Shields
- Bond Shaping Pliers and Clamps
- Keratin glue pellets remover and tongs
As to the consumables, the following products are required:
- Keratin pellets
This material is used to create bonds that attach the extended strands to the client’s natural hair.
Modern hair stylists use two types of keratin: Italian (transparent, black, and brown) and gel keratin of different shades.
- Hair bundles
The choice of this material should be taken as responsibly as possible.
It affects the comfort, natural look, aesthetics, and safety of such styling.
We recommend working with the following products:
- Slavic hair is soft undyed thin strands of different structures.
- Russian hair is a little denser than Slavic. It comes in different colors and structures and is also perfectly colorable.
- European hair is even thicker. By the way, in this category, you can find bundles up to 90 cm long.
You can find such bundles on the site of the popular company I Love Slavic Hair iloveslavichair.com.
The range of products includes everything you need for k tip extensions, so it will be much easier to realize the beauty dreams of your customers!
And now about the process of installing k tip extensions:
- First, you need to make a marking – to determine the places where the extended strands will be applied. To protect the scalp from burns when working with high temperatures, use heat protector shields.
- Usually, the hair techs work according to the following scheme: the extension strands are first installed on the top of the head, then on the back of the head and the temples.
- Make sure to install the extensions so that the natural hair covers the bonds.
- For temple area and thin hair it is better to use micro bonds.
A little practice and it’ll work!