Gmail is arguably the best email service out there when it comes to services and features.
Users these days have been asking one question in particular regarding the world-renowned email service of Google, that is, “how to change my Gmail password?”.
In case you are also on the lookout for this answer, read this blog till the end to know how to change the password of your Gmail account on different platforms.
Let us now get to know about some simple methods that can help us to change the Gmail password.
Ways to change Gmail password
- With the use of Gmail app on iPhone or an iPad
- You can begin with the process by launching the application of Gmail on your device from the applications menu.
- Keep in mind that changing your Gmail password will also change your password in other Google services such as Google docs and Google sheets.
- From the homepage of your Gmail account, you will need to click on your profile that is available at the top-right corner of your screen. If you don’t have a profile picture, your initial will be there instead.
- From there, you will need to click on the option that says “manage your Google account”. You can locate this option at the top of the window just below your email address.
- Next, simply tap the personal info window that is on the top left side of your screen to proceed further.
- For the next step, click on the password tab that is just below the basic info option.
- After doing so, you will need to enter your current password and click on next. Once you are done and your password is validated, you can move forward to create a new and better one for your account.
- For the finish, you will need to enter your password in the given field and then re-enter it again for confirmation purposes. Click on the “change password” button that is at the bottom right corner of your screen to make the changes made by you permanent.
- With the use of the Gmail app on an Android
- Begin by directing yourself to the settings icon on your device. This can be done either by using the notification toggle or simply by visiting the applications menu.
- From there, move down a bit and click on “Google”. The icon may differ depending on your phone or tablet.
- Next, you will need to click on the “manage my Google account” option to open the account settings of Google.
- For the next step, simply select the security option that is at the top of your screen.
- Now, scroll down a bit further and choose the password tab that is just under the option that says “signing in to Google”.
- Simply enter your current mail password and you will be directed to the password page of Google.
- In the next window, you will need to enter your new mail password in the given box. Keep in mind that your password should have a minimum of 8 characters with a mix of symbols, letters, and numbers.
- Retype your password again in the next field for confirmation purposes and make sure that the two passwords match. Change the password after you have done all this to finish the process.
- By using the Google account settings page on your personal computer
- Open your web browser and enter this link, https://myaccount.google.com/ to visit the official sign-in page of Google. In case you are already signed in, your account settings will appear on the page or you can follow the on-screen instructions in case you haven’t logged in yet, to begin with.
- From there, click on the option of personal info that can be located in the left panel. In case you are unable to find this option, you can expand the options from the menu available at the top right corner of your screen.
- Now, you will need to click on the “passwords” option that is at the bottom of the basic info tab.
- Move forward by entering your current password and hitting next as that will open the “password” screen.
- In the next password, you will need to enter your new password in the given field. Similar to the method above, keep in mind to have more than 7 characters that include a good mix of symbols, letters, and numbers.
- For the next step, you will need to type your password again in the given field. Enter the exact same password else you wouldn’t be able to proceed further.
- Finish by clicking on the blue button that says “change password” to make your new password permanent.
- By resetting a forgotten password
- Open your web browser and enter this link, https://accounts.google.com/signin/recovery to visit the official password recovery website of Google. This website is compatible with all operating systems.
- From there, you will need to enter your email address and click on next.
- Next, select “try another way” from the list of options that appear on your screen when you don’t know your password.
- After selecting the password recovery method, select the text option that is at the bottom of your screen. Doing so will tell Google to send a text message on your mobile number that is connected with your account. Users can also select the option of call.
- As soon as you receive the verification code via text or call, copy the code and then paste it in the given code field correctly. Click on next once you are done.
- In the next window, you will need to enter the password that you have created. Make sure that the two passwords are identical for confirmation purposes. Finish the process by hitting the button that says “change password”.
These are some of the simple methods that can be used to change your Gmail account password with relative ease.
For any more info or queries, you may contact the help and support center of Google.