The shaker is an indispensable tool for making cocktails, both for professional bartenders and for lovers of house parties. Choosing the right shaker can make a huge difference in the quality of your cocktail and make it easier to create. In this article, we will look at the main types of shakers and give recommendations for choosing them.
Main types of shakers
- Boston shaker: consists of two parts – a large metal or glass bowl and a metal lid. Ideal for professionals and experienced hobbyists as it requires skill to use properly.
- Cobbler (three-part shaker): consists of three parts – the main bowl, a lid with an integrated sieve and a plug lid. Convenient for beginners, as all the necessary elements are already included in one device. For more info, you can visit our online shop, where you can check prices and types of shakers.
- French shaker: consists of two parts, both of metal, but one of them has a conical shape. This is an intermediate option between Boston and Cobbler.
- Stainless steel: strong, hygienic and corrosion resistant. Easy to clean and has good thermal conductivity.
- Glass: allows you to observe the process of mixing the ingredients, but more fragile and heavy.
Choose the size of the shaker depending on how many servings of the cocktail you plan to prepare at one time. Standard shakers hold 500 to 750 ml.
When choosing a shaker to get a bartending certification in Texas, look for additional accessories such as measuring cups, bar spoons or muddlers that can come in handy during the cocktail preparation process.
Price and quality
You should not overpay for a shaker if you do not plan to use it professionally or very often. It is quite possible to find affordable options with good value for money. At the same time, it’s worth investing in a quality shaker made from durable materials if you’re serious about bartending.
Reviews and recommendations
Before making a choice, be sure to read the reviews about the shaker that you like. You can also consult with professional bartenders or friends who already have experience using shakers to get their opinion and advice.
Ease of use
Ease of use is an important factor when choosing a shaker. Make sure it opens and closes easily, fits well in the hand, and doesn’t cause discomfort when mixing ingredients.
Finally, you should pay attention to the manufacturer. Well-known brands that specialize in bar equipment tend to offer quality and durable products. At the same time, you should not immediately abandon lesser-known brands, especially if they offer an attractive price-performance ratio.
The choice of a shaker is an important stage on the way to the mastery of making cocktails. Considering all these factors, you will be able to find the perfect shaker that will become your reliable assistant in the kitchen or at the bar. Don’t be afraid to experiment with different types of shakers to find the one that’s right for you.