Many streamers out there are wondering if there is a way to download streaming videos from the streaming services for unrestricted offline viewing when they are away from home where Wi-Fi isn’t an option.
Well, there are actually three ways to download the on-demand streaming videos from the streaming platform so that you can watch them whenever wherever and on whatever device you have. One is to download directly from the streaming service using the official app itself, another is to use a 3rd-party streaming video downloader software, and the 3rd method is to use a screen-recording software.
In the following sections, we will talk about these three different ways in great detail so that you, as a streamer, can decide on your own which way is the best way to go.
1. StreamFab Downloader — the all-inclusive streaming video downloader
StreamFab Streaming Video Downloader is an all-inclusive streaming video downloader suite that offers both solution to download free online videos and music from YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Vimeo, Daily Motion, etc., and also solution to download paid streaming videos from Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, Disney+, HBO Max, Paramount+, Apple TV+, and many more other premium streaming services.
Steps to download online movies and shows, taking StreamFab Amazon Prime Downloader as an example.
- Step 1: After installation, launch StreamFab Downloader, and click the VIP Services in the left panel and choose Amazon Prime streaming service;
- Step 2: Log in to your Amazon Prime Video Account;
- Step 3: Search and play the video you want to download. A pop-up window will appear automatically;
- Step 4: Choose your wanted resolution and hit the Download Now button to download the streaming video you want.
Extra Tips: This streaming downloader is able to download all the episodes and even entire seasons at one go. If the video URL being analyzed belongs to a TV show, then it will automatically detect that and thus give you the options to download the single episode being played, or all the other episodes together.
2. Directly download using the native streaming app
As you may already know, most streaming services, such as Netflix, HBO Max, Hulu, Disney+, etc., have their own offline download feature that allows their subscribers to download some of the on-demand videos, movies, and TV shows onto certain mobile devices so that they can watch their favorite content without an internet connection.
- You don’t need to invest more money on 3rd-party streaming video downloaders.
- You can directly download the downloadable videos and shows to your smartphone, tablet or other supported devices.
- Not all the content in the on-demand streaming library is available for download. So you still have to resort to other means if your desired movies and shows are not downloadable.
- You can only download the videos to certain supported devices, like a smartphone, tablet, or other supported devices, but usually, computers are not included. So if you want to watch the downloaded videos on a bigger screen, then you might be disappointed.
- Even after you have downloaded the videos onto your device, the downloads are not permanent, as they usually expire after 30 days, some even 15 days or less. This means, you will have to re-download if you don’t have time to watch the downloaded videos before they expire.
- Once you start watch a downloaded item, you are only given usually 48 hours to finish watching that item, or, it will also expire.
- You cannot transfer the downloads from the device you’ve downloaded onto to other devices.
If you cannot bear with such limitations and restrictions of the native streaming app, then you might want to opt for a 3rd-party streaming video downloader for the download purpose. StreamFab Downloader is one-of-the-best streaming video downloader software on the market.
3. Live record with a screen recording software
Apart from using the native streaming app or a 3rd-party streaming video downloader software to get your favorite movies and shows from the streaming service, there is actually another solution that can help you grab the streaming videos from the platform — use a screen recorder software.
By doing this way, you can get your wanted movies and shows as you play them in your own browser, with your screen recorder software recording on the background. There are tons of such recording solutions on the market, such as the well-known Camtasia Screen Recorder & Video Editor.
- You don’t have to care about the DRM encryptions because you’re simply recording the videos.
- You can simply record everything from any streaming service platform.
- You have to play back the video from beginning to the end, and the playback screen cannot be exited.
- The speed is another major concern, despite there are technologies to accelerate the playback 2 times or even 4 times faster, you still have to finish the entire playback process.
- When the recording is in process, you might not be able to do anything else, because recording is a CPU/GPU intensive task which might slow down your computer considerably.
There are plenty of options for viewers that want to enjoy their favorite movies and tv shows in an offline setting. However, in this regard, sometimes the best options are those that are there in the industry for a very long time. While SteamFab is gaining a lot of traction, you cannot discount the demand and importance of legends like The Pirate Bay in this field!
That being said, the StreamFab Downloader is still the best option that stands out from the completion. It supports all the major premium streaming services, including but not limited to, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Disney+, Hulu, HBO Max, and a lot more.
Simply put, StreamFab Downloader is the most comprehensive streaming video downloading solution package you can find on the market that even covers all the well-known adult websites as well.