Keeping your home and property free from pests can be a daunting task, but with the help of an experienced pest control company, you can easily rid your place of any unwanted guests. Whether you have rats, lizards, ants, spiders or any other type of pest, our experts will get them out!
What are some common pests?
Some common pests include ants, spiders, rodents, cockroaches, and flies. To keep your home and property free from these pests, it is important to be familiar with their habits and where they prefer to reside. Ants are attracted to sugar stores, so removing any unused food or sweets from around the house can help keep them at bay. Spiders often build webs near outside entrances and windows to catch insects as they fly in and out. Rodents like mice and rats can chew through wiring or insulation, so keeping areas covered with debris or fenced off can help prevent them from entering your home. Cockroaches are generalists that will feed on just about anything, so keeping your kitchen clean and stocked with fresh food will make it less appealing to them. Flies lay eggs in warm moist areas, so keeping surfaces clean and free of clutter will help keep them away.
How do I get rid of them?
There are many ways to get rid of pests, but the most effective and safest way is to use a professional Pest Control Brisbane company. Pest control companies use a variety of methods to get rid of pests, including pesticides, traps, and vacuums.
Tips for preventing pests from entering your home in the first place.
Prevention is the key to keeping pests out of your home in the first place.
Here are some tips to help:
1. Seal any cracks and openings in your home’s exterior with caulk or weatherproofing material. This will help keep pests out, as well as moisture and cold drafts inside.
2. Keep garbage cans tightly closed so vermin cannot get inside to feed on food scraps. Also, keep food storage areas clean and organized to minimize access for pests.
3. Inspect your windows and doors for gaps or tears that could let pests in. Repair these immediately if necessary.
4. regularly sweep floors, cracks around doors and windows, and under furniture to remove any potential hiding places for pests. Regularly clean pet ashes and animal droppings from outdoor areas too, as both can provide a haven for pests.
5. Install screens on all windows and doors that allow air but block insects and other pests from entering your home; this is especially important during warm weather months when mosquitolike bugs are common invaders.