Some time back, Facebook announced its intention to add a new feature that’s known as Vanish Mode to Instagram and Messenger. Although the trial version of this feature started in the United States, it has since expanded to cover all parts of the globe. The vanish mode can now be found on Facebook, and also on Instagram.
What’s Vanish Mode?
This is where the content of a chat that you have entered with a person is deleted after you have completed your chat. As soon as your chat ends, the message is deleted automatically. This kind of chat is end-to -end encrypted, and if the person who you are conversing with takes a screenshot, or does something to record the conversation, you will get notified. This kind of chat starts and ends with the people that you are entering into with.
A practical example is where you buy Instagram followers online, and want to enter into a sensitive chat with a few of them randomly. The vanish mode feature ensures that you have nothing to worry about after you end the chat.
Turning on Vanish Mode on Instagram.
If you want to get into a secret conversation with a person, you need to swipe the chat areas upwards. You can later stop this feature by tapping the “turn off-vanish-mode feature”.
This guide should help you turn on vanish mode when using Instagram.
- Open the Instagram application and select an existing chat area from the top corner. You may also opt to start a new chat.
- Swipe the screen upwards.
- Your screen color will turn black and you will see some emojis falling off. This is a clear sign that you have entered the vanish mode. This also happens to the recipient of the messages. Afterward, you can end the vanish mode by tapping-“turn off vanish mode”.
- You will be able to have a glance at the conversation from the time you enter the vanish mode until when you exit it.
How to turn off vanishing mode
After being in a secret conversation, or after you have shared a secret photo with a friend or acquaintance, you can turn off the vanish mode by following these steps.
- Go to the chat area and enable the vanish mode before you start your chats.
- Tap, or hold and swipe up the chat area, and you will be able to turn off the vanish mode.
- The challenges posed by Instagram vanishing Mode
The problem of the Instagram vanish mode
When this mode was launched, many people believed that it would promote cheating, especially by married spouses. However, from Facebook’s side, their thoughts were about the experience and the safety of the users. They reiterated that it’s only the people who are connected to the Facebook messenger who can choose this feature, or opt to chat previously.
You will discover that the vanish mode is a relatively new feature that Facebook has added to the many features that Instagram offers. Up to today, it isn’t available in all parts of the globe. It’s available on the mobile versions of Instagram, and not yet available on the web version.