Your ice machine may not appear to be the most important piece of equipment in your commercial kitchen, but it plays an important function in your everyday operations. Just wait till it breaks down if you have any doubts about that. Customers and workers will be enraged! To prevent this from happening, turn to a commercial ice maker repair service.
To keep your ice maker working at its best, you’ll need to do some simple maintenance, just like any other kitchen appliance. Continue reading to discover more about how to keep your ice machine in good working order:
- Sanitize: Ice makers must be sanitized according to the manufacturer’s guidelines. A 5 percent sodium hypochlorite solution or a product formulated particularly for ice machine sanitization can be used to clean the equipment.
- Clean the interior: The sanitizing procedure takes some time to finish. You can begin cleaning the inside in the meanwhile. Cleaning the condenser coil and fan blades should be your first priority. Using a non-corrosive cleaner, remove any oil and filth before rinsing with water.
- Wipe down the exterior: After that, cleanse the stainless steel exterior and the storage bin with a soft cloth and a neutral cleaner. Make a note of any rust buildup and try to remove it using a toothbrush and baking soda solution.
- Perform an inspection: Keep an eye out for anything unusual about the unit while you’re doing all of these cleaning tasks. The earlier issues are identified, the less expensive they are to rectify.
- Hire a professional: You and your crew are more than capable of doing routine maintenance on a commercial ice machine. Bringing in a professional, on the other hand, never hurts. A yearly tune-up goes a long way toward maintaining your system in good working order.
What is the significance of this upkeep?
It’s not easy to keep your ice maker in good working order. Nonetheless, here are a few reasons why it’s critical in any professional kitchen:
- Prevent bacterial growth: The main reason to sterilize your machine is to keep everyone healthy. Salmonella and norovirus can all get into your ice and cause serious sickness if not handled properly. Once every few months, sanitizing the interior of the machine should be enough to get rid of these bacteria.
- Prevent ice machine breakdowns: Ice machines can break down for a number of causes, but many of them can be traced back to poor maintenance and care. Simply executing these maintenance procedures once a month will help you avoid a breakdown and deal with disgruntled consumers.
- Extend the life of the system: The last thing you want to do is invest in a new commercial ice machine, by doing routine maintenance on your machine and hiring a professional at least once a year, you can ensure that you get the most out of it.
Is it past time for your equipment to be inspected?
If you haven’t hired someone to maintain your business ice machine in a while, or if your equipment has been acting strangely, contact Appliance Repair Expert. They are experts in general maintenance of all sorts of commercial equipment and have some of the best pricing in town.