Not being able to make the most out of your Netgear N300 extender. Need not to worry as we have come up with this post. Here, we will make you familiar with various reasons why your Netgear N300 extender is refusing to perform well. Also, you’ll get to know some effective fixes to troubleshoot the issue. Without much delay, let’s get started!
Reasons Why Your Netgear N300 Extender Is Not Performing Well
There are various reasons that can stop your Netgear extender from performing well:
- The distance between your Netgear N300 extender and router is too much
- The firmware of your Netgear device is outdated
- Discontinuous Power Supply
- Connectivity issues
- Improper Netgear N300 setup
Now that you are aware of the reasons why your Netgear N300 extender isn’t performing well, follow the fixes mentioned below to resolve the issue.
Resolved: Netgear N300 Extender Isn’t Performing Well
Walkthrough the steps mentioned below to make your Netgear N300 extender up and running:
Fix 1: Perform Netgear Extender Firmware Update
One of the immediate yet effective fixes to resolve the issue is to update the firmware of your Netgear N300 extender by accessing mywifiext. Wondering how to update Netgear extender firmware? Wonder no more! Follow the instructions outlined below:
- Plug your Netgear extender to the working wall outlet.
- Use an Ethernet connection or a wireless source to connect your Netgear extender and router.
- Turn on a PC or laptop and connect it to Netgear_Ext SSID.
- Launch a web browser, enter mywifiext in the address bar.
- Press Enter to get access to the extender login page.
- Fill in the login credentials and follow the on-screen instructions.
Note: You can update the firmware of your N300 extender by using the Netgear app as well.
Fix 2: Place the Netgear Extender and Router
Another thing that you can do to make the Netgear device up and running is to place your N300 extender and router in close proximity. If your N300 device is placed away from the reach of your router, then you will not get the most out of it. So, the only way to make your extender up and running is to place it at the center-most area in your home and near to router.
Another thing you have to keep in mind while placing your Netgear extender is to keep it away from interference-creating WiFi devices like baby monitors and Bluetooth speakers. Doing so will somehow boost the performance of your Netgear N300 extender.
Fix 3: Check the Power
Chances are that your Netgear N300 extender isn’t receiving continuous power supply and that is why it is giving you issues. Therefore, check the power being supplied to your Netgear N300 extender. It must be continuous and steady. Also, check the wall socket in which your Netgear extender is plugged in. The power outlet/ wall socket shouldn’t be damaged or fluctuated.
Fix 4: Check the Connectivity
On the off chance if your Netgear extender is not connected to router properly, it might give you connectivity issues. Thus, to fix the issue, keep the following points into consideration:
- Your Netgear extender and router must not be hidden back of any device, inside a cabinet or under a table.
- Ensure that you are on an active internet plan.
- The Ethernet or wireless connection must be successfully established between your devices.
- Your router’s firmware shouldn’t be outdated.
Fix 5: Complete the Netgear N300 Setup
In the event that the Netgear N300 setup process is left incomplete then also it will not perform well. Thus, to make out of your device, configure it correctly. Navigate to the Netgear Genie setup wizard using mywifiext and follow the on-screen instructions.
In a Nutshell
That’s it! This was all about our post on how to fix Netgear N300 extender not performing well issue in haste. We hope that this post helped you in fixing the issue. And if you need any assistance regarding the same, feel free to drop a line into the comments section.