Over one million elderly Americans are without families, which means they don’t have partners, spouses, siblings, or children to help when times get tough. Some seniors wonder who may care for them as they age, leading many to look for alternative ways to ensure their well-being. Here, we will explore how assisted living helps seniors without families thrive.
Why Are So Many Seniors Alone?
According to recent reports, there are several reasons why more seniors are living alone. People no longer feel forced to stay in unhappy marriages, and some never marry or have children. Thankfully, an assisted living facility allows lonely seniors to attend social events, join support groups, and participate in volunteer work. With the support of skilled caregivers who serve as advocates, seniors are never truly alone.
Senior Living Benefits
Communities like Laurel Heights offer care for every stage of senior citizenship. Memory care, independent living, and assisted living come together under one roof, giving seniors the tools, they need to thrive. Residents enjoy benefits such as:
- A built-in sense of community. Senior communities foster feelings of community and belonging. Here, residents get the chance to form lasting relationships with others and build a supportive, loving social network.
- Transportation assistance. If a resident is no longer able to drive, a senior living community may offer transportation help that allows them to access crucial activities and services.
- Delicious and nutritious meals. Senior living facilities offer restaurant-style food service, which eliminates the burdens of shopping and cooking while giving seniors another opportunity to socialize.
- Safety. Communities focus on resident safety, offering features like security, on-site urgent care, and emergency response teams.
- Medication and healthcare services. Senior living facilities offer personalized medication and healthcare support, ensuring that every resident receives the care they require.
Below, we will outline the advantages of independent living for seniors.
Independent Living for Seniors
An independent living community is a great option for a senior who seeks a worry-free, active lifestyle. Independent living communities offer the following benefits:
- Building maintenance
- Wellness and fitness programs
- Recreational, social, and volunteer opportunities
- Lawn maintenance
All these services are provided by supportive staff members who truly care about residents. For those who need a little more help, there’s another option.
Assisted Living Advantages
Today’s assisted living communities offer a higher level of resident care for those who need help with everyday activities. Primary benefits include:
- Customized care plans.
- Daily living help.
- Medication assistance and management.
- Access to care team members 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Engaging, fun events and activities.
Live in a World-Class Senior Community
At Laurel Heights, no one lives alone. If a senior has no family, is living a lonely lifestyle, and is seeking an enriching, supportive environment, they will find it here. The team has two goals: to support seniors and make them feel like part of the family.