Dental emergencies don’t always happen on your schedule. You should have a dentist you can depend on, whether your problem occurs on the weekends, at night, or during business hours. Doctors Network makes scheduling an appointment with an emergency dentist in New York easy. We are here to help you with whatever oral health issues you are experiencing, no matter when it occurs.
Common Types of Dental Emergencies
If you have any of the following oral health concerns, you can either contact one of our emergency dentists or find New York aesthetic dentistry for veneers on Doctors Network if you need immediate intervention:
- Dislodged tooth Knocked-out tooth Severe tooth pain
- Trauma to the mouth or jaw Broken tooth Sudden tooth or mouth discomfort
- Chipped or cracked tooth Lost filling or crown Severely lacerated gums, lips, or tongue Damaged veneer
Do You Have a Dental Emergency?
You don’t have to have a problem that literally fits in these categories to need an emergency dental visit. Though the definition of a true dental emergency is a condition that threatens the living tissues in your mouth, your New York emergency dentist takes every concern seriously. Every situation is unique.
Here are things to keep in mind:
- Bleeding doesn’t always signal disaster. The mouth contains hundreds of blood vessels in your cheek, lips, gums, and tongue. Even a small injury to the mouth can cause an alarming amount of bleeding, but that doesn’t necessarily mean the worst-case scenario.
- Do not suffer through the pain. If tooth pain is serious, it won’t disappear on its own. The pain will continue to get worse and the situation will not resolve automatically. Do not try to muscle through the pain or wait for your next dental appointment to be evaluated. The longer you wait to have your oral health problem addressed, the more likely you are to need more costly, more serious treatments.
- Cosmetic problems can often wait. A problem with your cosmetic dentistry, like a broken veneer, is definitely annoying but it isn’t always an issue that requires a same-day dental appointment. You might be self-conscious until you get to see the dentist, but knowing your problem can wait will help ease your concerns.
- Do not hesitate to contact Doctors Network. If you havе a concеrn about your dеntal or oral hеalth, contact your dеntist. You will gеt pеacе of mind about your situation and lowеr your anxiеty. The degree of urgency may not be as you think and, if it is, you can make an emergency appointment to be seen immediately.
Visit Doctors Network for Emergency Dental Repairs
Most common emergency dental treatments include wisdom tooth removals, simple tooth extractions, root canals, and white tooth fillings. The best solution of course depends on the diagnosis, and even though you’re having pain, in some situations it is not possible to tell what the cause of the pain is until you’re in the dentist’s chair. A tender tooth could be caused by decay, infection, abscess, a tooth root cyst, or even gum disease. If you wish to save your tooth and preserve your oral and dental health, it’s necessary to have every oral health problem addressed as soon as possible.
Whether you need to contact emergency dentists or Manhattan emergency dentistry to discuss your oral health emergency and book a visit, visit Doctors Network to learn more about this ultimate app for finding emergency dentists.