The law suits against prominent establishments and prominent conglomerates and businesses are fairly frequent. By filing lawsuits against these entities, the public can ensure that these companies aren’t using their power and influence to engage in unlawful, illegal or illegal or illegal activities.
The majority of lawsuits end up in settlements in which the parties as well as those who are eligible to file a lawsuit are awarded money in compensation. One of the most recent lawsuits is that of TikTok that has resulted in Tiktok the Class Action Lawsuit 2021 trending.
The lawsuit is mainly aimed at those who reside of the United States. Read this article to learn more about the lawsuit and determine whether you’re eligible to receive settlement.
What is TikTok?
TikTok is among the most popular social media apps with millions of downloaded since their launch. ByteDance is the proprietor for this Chinese online platform that is based on video.
Users can create videos on the platform that span between 15 seconds and three minutes, and then upload them to other users. The international popularity of TikTok was only possible after its integration with Musical.ly which is a different Chinese service.
The Tiktok Class Action Lawsuit 2021
- The lawsuit is federal and that was filed by the US government against TikTok within the United States, where recent developments were made.
- The settlement of $92 million from TikTok is currently pending before the court. It is likely to be approved, and those who qualify will be awarded the money.
- The lawsuit claims that TikTok was in violation of major laws by acquiring users’ information without seeking their consent.
- TikTok along with Musical.ly are both named under the same allegations in this lawsuit.
- TikTok denied the allegations However, the court ruled on this matter in February of this year.
- Users received a message from TikTok regarding this settlement on the 15th of November.
Results of The Tiktok Class Action Lawsuit 2021
- The lawsuit alleges that TikTok obtained biometric data without the consent of users.
- Users who downloaded the app prior to September 30 are able to submit a claim before March 1st 2022. Minors also qualify for the claim.
- Because Illinois has laws strict on this, users of Illinois may receive up to six times the amount. But, they must have uploaded videos to TikTok.
- Users who are eligible can go to the site to find out more about TikTok privacy settlements and submit their claims for compensation.
- Some sources suggest that customers can receive compensation in a variety of ways in the Tiktok Class Action Lawsuit 2021.
- The compensation can be received via PayPal, Venmo, a pre-paid card or a physical check.
- The amount of the compensation will vary based on the volume of claimants who submit the claim. The settlement amount is divided among clients.
The Final Verdict
A group of concerned users filed a lawsuit to TikTok along with Musical.ly, Chinese social media applications, for improper storage and collection of personal information. The case was settled and the liable users could receive some compensation. The relevant information is listed in the above paragraph.