Jojoba Oil is tried and true, the ideal solution for any skincare newbies looking to up their beauty regime game. It is one of the most well-balanced and clean natural ingredients that are great on any skin no matter what shade or skin type. That being said it is essential to do a patch test prior to use to check if the Jojoba Oil responds well to your particular skin. Native to Australia, and a few other countries in the world, this national treasure poses a variety of benefits not only for skin but for hair, aromatherapy, candles, and even more. Because of this, we are set to prove to you why Jojoba Oil is the next best thing to add as an addition to your bathroom cupboard. Let’s open up the doors and take a closer look at this essential ingredient.
What is a Carrier Extract?
For those who don’t know, a carrier extract is the raw organic ingredient that works to carry the essential extract to be able to be used. Coming from sources of nut or seed materials, when used in conjunction with an essential extract such as lavender, orange, bergamot, and more, can create something ultimately powerful. Carrier extracts are neutral and versatile meaning that they can be used in combination with other ingredients or solo. For this reason, carrier extracts are under-appreciated for the values they possess. Examples of great carrier extracts include Jojoba Oil as well as grapeseed, olive, sweet almond, and coconut. All these examples have adaptable qualities that make them great to use for aromatherapy and beauty products, and this is especially the case for Jojoba Oil. Let’s take a closer look at Jojoba Oil, its benefits, and recipes to use in your day-to-day life.
What is Jojoba Oil?
Jojoba Oil is derived from the Simmondsia Chinesis plant which is created by extracting its beans, nuts, and seeds through a cold-pressing process. You can find this raw natural ingredient around temperate areas such as Australia, Israel as well as the northern regions of Mexico. It can be best cultivated in a sunny spot with sandy soil that is perfectly drained. Because of this, the plant can deal with extreme temperatures without the need for anyone to surveil the situation. Jojoba Oil can appear as an amber coloured and transparent liquid that is very lightweight with a slight nutty fragrance. This extract is in fact a wax that can turn rock-hard during cold and freezing temperatures and liquid at room temperature. It has become a popular choice for beauty gurus, being found in a variety of aromatherapy, skincare, and hair care ingredients for its wonderful qualities. Its inclusion of fatty acids and vitamins makes it a great ingredient to put on your shelf. With all these wonderful components found in Jojoba Oil, you’ll find your skin glowing and your hair shining in an instant.
Benefits of Jojoba Oil
Soft To The Skin
Jojoba Oil is one of the finest ingredients in the skincare and beauty world for its highly moisturising and rejuvenating properties. It is incredibly thin which can penetrate the deeper levels of the skin to encourage moisturisation. Because the extract that is created is close by minuscule to sebum which is produced naturally from us, it is incredibly nourishing for your skin. Whether you have oily, dry, combination, and even sensitive skin, you’ll find your face and body soft to touch. For this reason and more, it’s no wonder why people are turning to this golden drop of liquid for all their skincare needs. As mentioned in the last section, Jojoba Oil includes a variety of fatty acids and vitamins all working to plump up and liven the skin. It also rejects fine lines, wrinkles, and any sunspots that come your way. Say goodbye to breakouts and breakdowns with Jojoba Oil taking care of your face and body. In conjunction with frankincense, rose and lavender extract it might be a great anti-age treatment. For those applying for the first time, it is highly recommended to please do a patch test to see if Jojoba Oil is suitable for your skin.
Hair that kills
While a storm may be building up in the skincare department, Jojoba Oil seems to be making waves in the hair world too. Quite literally. One benefit posed by this golden drop of liquid is that it can help brighten and keep the natural colour of your hair in its best shades. It can also encourage thicker and shinier hair, making you look like you’re from a Pantene commercial. If you need a detangler? We’ve got you covered. Need a pre-shampoo treatment? You’ll be prepared. Looking for the perfect addition to your deep conditioning ritual? You won’t be sorry. Brush all your cares away with Jojoba Oil on your side.
What can Jojoba Oil be used in?
Jojoba Oil can be used for a variety of different beauty, aromatherapy, personal care, and self-care recipes and products such as:
- Body lotions
- Body butter
- Cuticle products
- Facial and body scrubs
- Homemade products
- Massage Treatments
Face & Body Scrub
- 50 mL of Raw Brown Sugar
- 25 mL of Blood Orange Extract
- 50 mL Grapefruit Natural Extract
- 8-12 drops of Lily Of The Valley Fragrance Extract
- 1 cup of ounces Jojoba Oil
- Jar Container
- Pop every ingredient listed into a bowl except the raw brown sugar.
- Mix it thoroughly.
- Add in the raw brown sugar.
- Stir to combine, preferably with a glass rod.
- Place the mixture into a nice jar container.
- Hop into the shower and take a dollop into your hands and spread.
- 3-4 tablespoons of Jojoba Oil
- 2 tablespoons of Shea Butter
- Either 2 tablespoons of beeswax pastilles or 15 grams of beeswax pieces
- 3-4 drops of Patchouli Extract
- Turn on the saucepan adding water.
- Wait for it to boil
- Once it’s boiling, place a bowl filled with shea butter and beeswax on top of the saucepan, stirring to let it melt.
- Once melted, add in the Jojoba Oil and Patchouli Extract.
- Place the mixture into small glass pots and cool before closing the lid.
- Either in the morning or after taking off makeup in the evening, scoop up a small dollop of the mixture and rub it around your face taking off any grime before you apply your other skincare products.
- Clean face = clean you!
- 3-4 tablespoons of Jojoba Oil
- 1-2 teaspoons of raw brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of raw honey
- 1 drop of rosemary extract
- 1 teaspoon of spirulina powder
- Place all the ingredients into one bowl
- Once sorted, you are ready for a facial. Make sure your skin is prepped and clean before you.
- Begin washing your face circulating for 30 seconds with cold water. This will make it easy for the facial to absorb into the skin. You can even steam prior as the heat will allow the facial to soak in easier.
- Add the mixture onto all areas of your face avoiding the eye, nostril and mouth. You can simply tap or circulate the skin in motions to wake up and make sure the facial receives better.
- Leave it for 15-20 minutes. This is the perfect time to watch a show or catch up on a book!
- Rinse with cold water.
- Pat dry with a towel.
- Carry on skincare routine as normal.