Thousands of students go to foreign universities every year to join higher studies. Still, the cost of such courses is very high, and only a few students can bear it. Many students look for some merit scholarship to fund their courses. However, scholarships to study abroad are highly competitive because the number of students is quite large.
Your best chance to grab one of these scholarships lies in collecting enough information about the different types of Scholarships available and how to apply for those. The following are the well-known Scholarship To Study Abroad For Indian Students.
Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation Scholarships
Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation scholarship is available to Indian students who wish to study in the United States or Europe and have demonstrated exceptional talent in their chosen field. The value of this scholarship is USD 100,000. However, these are not available for engineering, business studies, public health, music, computer science, medicine, fashion design, or film animation courses.
• If the total cost of the course, including tuition fees, the ticket for one-way travel, and living expenses, exceeds $100,000, the student has to give the undertaking to fund the course from their sources.
• Candidates have to demonstrate their capacity to bear the entire cost of their courses at the time of the interview itself. The Foundation does not consider those who fail to do so.
• Acceptance of additional scholarships, teaching assistantships, or part-time work is only allowed after the Foundation’s approval.
American University- Emerging Global Leader Scholarship
AU The emerging global leader scholarship is given to top achievers pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in the United States. Students must participate in civic and social activities to qualify for this scholarship. The objective of this grant is noble, and only such students are considered who wish to help underprivileged and underserved areas in their native country. These scholarships to study abroad for Indian students are available to those enrolled for undergraduate degrees at the university.
• The scholarship reimburses all billable expenditures, such as tuition fees, lodging, and boarding expenses. However, this scholarship does not cover non-billable expenses on books, flights, and health insurance.
• This is available for four years of the undergraduate course, subject to consistent good academic performance.
Tata Scholarships for Cornell University
The Tata Education and Development Trust of Tata Sons Ltd. have endowed a fund of $25 million to Cornell University to provide financial help to exceptionally talented but disadvantaged Indian students wishing to attend undergraduate courses at Cornell.
British Council GREAT scholarships for Indian Students
These scholarships are given to International students to study in the United Kingdom. Any Indian student receiving such a scholarship can hope for good job prospects. The scholarship is part of the UK’s GREAT Britain Campaign.
The student should be a resident of India with a valid passport at the time of application.
Good knowledge of the English language, as required by UK higher education institutions.
The student must have an offer from one of the participating universities in the United Kingdom.
Scholarships for MBA in Canada for Indian students
UCLA Anderson offers scholarships for MBA students in Canada. It’s one of the richest and most peaceful countries with international-class business schools and universities. Another prestigious scholarship in Canada is Ontario Graduate Scholarship Program, which is given to international students wishing to pursue a two-year course in Ontario. Besides, the Sauder School of Business scholarship is also available to fund MBA in Canada for Indian students.