Your home office must have a table, chairs, armchairs, and storage systems – shelving, cabinets, and bedside tables. Let’s take it one by one. General requirements for any furniture are convenience, functionality, environmental friendliness, and durability.
1. Comfortable chair
The most comfortable option for work at any time of the year is a chair on wheels. This type of furniture is relatively standard: a seat and a back with armrests and a headrest, or without them, one bare leg and lower ones with wheels. The advantage of such furniture:
- Seat and back adjustment system. You can customize the chair to suit your needs.
- The ability to adjust the height of the chair. The desired height can be easily set according to your height and the height of the countertop.
- Mobility of movement. It is convenient to turn around and move around in the workplace, and it’s a great time saver.
- Padded back and seat. Undoubted convenience when you have to spend quite a lot of time in it.
- Gentle mode for the floor. Casters cause less damage to the floor surface than regular chairs or stool legs when you move them back.
- They are reducing the load on the back. The ergonomic backrest with an adjustment system reduces the load on the shoulder girdle, and the back muscles are less strained, which leads to a decrease in the load on the legs and lower back and vessels of the lower extremities.
- The decreased fatigue feeling. The neck muscles will feel better with a well-distributed load on the shoulder girdle.
As for the chair’s design, it can be easily changed with the help of slipcovers.
Every day, home offices are becoming more popular because, with the advent of such technological benefits as the Internet, laptop, mobile phone, etc., it has become possible to work in any place convenient for you.
Today there is a massive selection of well-organized built-in or modular home offices. There are plenty of fresh home office setups to help you keep your expenses down while adding value to your home office.
As more and more people choose to conduct their business from home, there is a demand for lightweight office furniture that will also save space. Most furniture, such as an ergonomic home computer chair, is designed to make the most inviting home office space.
Carry out your office setups with the correct ergonomic chair and computer furniture, which would differ from your home’s general furniture style. A home office chair should be comfortable so that nothing distracts you from your work.
3. Storage system: shelving, shelves, or cabinet
Hanging shelves in the home mini-office can be selected in any size and shape. The traditional option is several rows of straight shelves located above the table. They are great for storing books, small boxes, and decorating. Modern designers offer different storage systems, from purely utilitarian to decorative ones: look at models in the form of a hexagon, a house, and a zigzag – they will make your workplace more enjoyable.
Shelves are an option for those who have a couple of free square meters available. Choose this piece of furniture thoughtfully: measure the space or niche you want to put it in, and consider the depth. Perhaps a tall rack with wide shelves will not fit into the interior, and it is better to limit yourself to a more compact model.
The most straightforward rack can be made from scratch using tools and materials from a hardware store – there, you can also see a ready set that you need to assemble. You can order a customized rack for a home office in a specific style: metal, wood, or glass.
If your table tents get messy from time to time, baskets and boxes are great helpers for quick cleaning. All randomly placed items will find their places there, and you can always sort them out in your free time. In addition, flat boxes are indispensable for papers: you can find your paperwork easily, and it won’t get covered with dust.
4. Sofa and other pieces of furniture
The sofa must be stylish and functional, providing enough space for rest. Nowadays, there are many models, and you can choose the best variants for any occasion.
If you need to equip a recreational area in your house’s office space, you don’t need to follow any rules. Just choose the sofa that perfectly corresponds with your expectations of comfort.
An office sofa performs the same functions as home furniture – it should be comfortable and convenient. The furniture in the manager’s office performs more of a decorative function than a practical one. They are less frequently used than sofas for employees or office guests in the recreation area.
Office furniture should be easy to clean and durable. The best option would be to purchase products made from high-quality leather substitutes. In this case, style and taste will not be lost, and it will also save money.
You can easily change the color theme of your zone for rest with the help of loveseat slipcovers.
5. Computer desk
The choice of any home furniture should be treated very reverently, especially when buying a new desktop. Recent self-isolation has shown that many types of work can be done remotely. Those who didn’t have a good home office felt the hardships of a long workday.
If you are seriously thinking about creating a good workplace at home, it is worth starting with a table, and it is better if this table is adjustable.
Why is it better to choose an adjustable table?
Let’s see the facts:
- Price difference. When buying an excellent static table, you will save hundreds of dollars. It is better to add a little more and get a full-fledged, height-adjustable table.
- Health. The prolonged sitting position has a detrimental effect on the body – obesity, poor circulation, and diseased blood vessels. All this can be avoided by alternating between sitting and standing while working.
- Easy to adjust. Your whole family can use the adjustable table. For example, if you have a table with a height memory function, you can program a specific button for each family member. This is very convenient because if your child needs to lower the table, they will press the necessary buttons, but this trick will not work with a regular table.
- Increased productivity. Many studies already confirm that your productivity increases by 10-15% when you work standing up.
Are you convinced?
Many seek to avoid sunlight in the office by closing the windows with curtains or blinds. This is a mistake – natural light is crucial for vision health. So that the sun rays do not create blinding glare, it is enough to place the table end along with the window frame – on the left for right-handed people and on the right for left-handed people.
As for artificial lighting in the office, the main rule here is versatility. Light sources are selected to illuminate the entire office space without dark areas fully. This will provide comfort for vision and will be great for fatigue prevention.
7. Furniture set
Most office furniture for working from home is equipped with convenient mobile or stationary pedestal. In addition, instead of the cabinet, you can use an open rack.
Whether at home or in the office, a comfortable workplace will increase your productivity and create the right mood. To save time and money, it is more convenient to buy pre-made furniture sets in which the table and chair will look like a single item and harmoniously complement each other.
To sum up
When decorating your office in a modern style, you need to consider your understanding of comfort. The office room can perform several essential functions, letting you work or rest depending on your free time and mood. Therefore, the design of this room should match the purpose. And also don’t forget about curtains for extra comfort!