The winter months from December to February force people to stay inside their homes where the home space heater is “whooping” around and creating a cozy environment. Even at the start of the summer season, nights can get quite chilly, mainly if your house isn’t well-insulated. Many people are tempted to keep their space heaters on overnight, but is it safe? Generally, it’s not, but there are advanced space heaters available on the market with safety features that make them a viable option. If you are interested in how to use house space heaters safely, keep reading!
Home Space Heater Best Practices
Even though space heaters are convenient and easy to have around, the misuse of these appliances is one of the leading causes of house fires. So, it is crucial to practice their safe use. Here are some recommendations:
- Avoid Using Older Models: these days, space heaters come equipped with various safety features, e.g., overheat protection, tip-over protection, auto shut-off, etc. Older models? Not so much. So, avoid buying/using them.
- Don’t Place the Space Heater on Furniture: keeping the home space heater on a hard surface floor is recommended. Don’t place it on furniture, carpet, or rug, as a playful pet or accidental bump can send the appliance overboard, resulting in a fire or burn hazard.
- Don’t Expose it to Moisture: running a home space heater in a moist, confined space, e.g., a bathroom, is dangerous. As tempting as it may be, you should never use this appliance in the bathroom or other moist areas in your home.
- Don’t Leave it on Overnight: leaving a home space heater overnight is not recommended as it can present more than one potential problem. Firstly, it can put you at risk of starting a fire in your room while you are unconscious. Secondly, it hurts your wallet.
There are many benefits of using space heaters in a house. Such an appliance can supplement your main heating system, or you can simply use it to heat one room and avoid the hefty cost of running a central heating system for the entire home. Nowadays, advanced protection features make these heaters a safe choice, even for overnight use. Buying from a reputed supplier is crucial for peace of mind. Dreo offers premium quality household appliances and specializes in supplying a wide range of space heaters equipped with advanced features.
The two popular home space heater models from the brand include the following:
Dreo Solaris Max is a modern home space heater that has been designed to provide the feel of summer during the chilly winter season with its perfectly-balanced, far-reaching warmth. Following are some key highlights of this Dreo space heater:
- Faster heating capability thanks to Dreo’s high-efficiency PTC ceramics
- Powerful 1500W output and 16% larger aluminum thermal fins for mega heat performance
- Beautiful LED display and control panel, as well as remote control functionality
- Speedy warmth thanks to ObliqueAirflow technology. It can hit up to 75°F in the blink of an eye
- 70° wide-angle oscillation creates an evenly heated indoor environment for everyone in the room, making Solaris Max one of the best space heaters for large rooms
- ECO mode for smart automatic heat adjustment and energy efficiency
- Safety features, including tip-over protection, overheat protection, 24-hour auto shut-off, and more
- ETL listed and certified product
If you need a portable and easy-to-carry home space heater that packs a punch, then Dreo Atom One is for you. This portable heater for the room offers many advanced features for convenience, comfort, and safety. Its key characteristics include the following:
- 4 energy-efficient heating modes for a customizable experience
- Compact design and easy carry handle for portability
- Detachable dust filter for easy cleaning and maintenance
- Elegant design to enhance the aesthetic of any room
- Smart LED display and control panel
- Quiet oscillation thanks to the exclusive trackball system
- Built-in auto 1-12H timer for energy-saving needs
- Multiple safety protection features, including an overheat sensor, flame retardant design, tip-over switch, fused safety plug, and more
- ETL listed and certified
Overall, space heaters with advanced protection features are the best choice for those who wish to keep their room warm throughout the night. Still, it is recommended that you practice caution and follow the above-listed guidelines to ensure safety. For quality home space heater products, you can count on Dreo.
Dreo is a reputed manufacturer and supplier of advanced household appliances. Their space heaters are innovative and have been designed with the company’s focus on creating a comfortable and healthier environment in mind. Dreo is committed to improving the home climate of its customers with the use of various engineering solutions and technologies that define the household appliance industry.
The brand has a large selection of products to choose from in categories that include space heaters, tower fans, air purifiers, air conditioners, and more. All of their carefully-crafted products offer superior performance and safety for your peace of mind. Visit their website to learn more about the company.