The modern world is more concerned about hygiene than ever. People like to keep their space neat and clean. When it comes to kitchen cleaning, chimney cleaning is one of the essential things in a kitchen, that requires special attention. It will also ensure food hygiene and there would be minimal chances of any type of food infection.
When chimneys are not cleaned from time to time, there are chances that they will be clogged with dirt and oil. It creates the chances of a fire in the house and moreover, food preparation will not be hygienic.
What is the significance of kitchen chimneys?
These days it is nearly impossible to imagine a kitchen without a chimney. In Indian kitchens, oily and spicy food is generally cooked due to which an ample amount of smoke is released. Hence, it is essential to install a kitchen chimney to capture that excess smoke and make the environment pollution-free.
Adding to that, chimneys make kitchens fascinating and enhance the appeal of a house. It prevents dirt and oil from sticking to the kitchen walls and their functional presence helps with the reduction of heat and keeping the environment as moderate as possible.
Why you should clean kitchen chimney regularly?
It is generally advised to clean chimneys frequently to avoid any associated risks. The advantages of their cleaning are:
- When chimneys are blocked and unable to vent the smoke, there is a risk of fire in a house.
- Food that is made in the kitchen remains hygienic.
- There are very few chances of any damage to the house due to the excess release of smoke.
Popular kitchen chimney cleaning tips :
It must be ensured that chimneys work properly and their functioning does not get hampered at all. When they are choked, there will be a bad smell in the house. There are a few tips to clean them as follows:
- Baking soda is one of the commonly used ingredients that can easily clean kitchen chimneys and remove excess oil as well. Mix the baking soda and water in an appropriate quantity to make a mixture that can be put on the chimneys. Now, the mixture should be removed with a scrub or wet cloth.
- Another method to clean them is to remove the filters gently. Followed by incubation in hot water for two hours and completing the process with a wash by dishwashing liquid to make them shiny and odor free.
- When there is thick oil on filters and you are facing difficulty to remove it. It is better to use acetone on them with the help of a wet pad.
- Vinegar can also be used to clean them and extra oil will get removed. Vinegar is a strong cleaning substance that will take out all the excess dirt when applied to the chimneys.
How frequently the chimneys should be cleaned?
It completely varies from household to household. When oily and spicy food is regularly cooked in a kitchen, then it is advised to clean them once a month. It also depends on the quantity of food that is cooked in a house.
Let us move forward by taking an example of a joint family, the quantity of food cooked for a joint family is large. Moreover, there would be high utilization of the chimney as well, which requires cleaning more often than in nuclear families.
Not only the type and quantity of food that is cooked, but the type of filter that is installed in the chimney also decides the time period of cleaning them.
In a Nutshell:
Kitchen chimney cleaning is required at regular intervals to avoid risks of hazards. More hygienic food will also be cooked which is the basic requirement of every individual. Many solutions are available that make their cleaning process quick and cost-efficient. You can easily find these solutions at home and there will be no need of calling professionals to clean the chimneys. The time periods on which they should be cleaned totally depend on the type and quantity of food that is cooked in a house. Moreover, the types of filters that are used in chimneys also decide their cleaning time.