If you’re dealing with thinning hairand want to cover up without going with a full-on wig, a hair topper is the right option. Hair toppers are a versatile and flawless way to add texture, volume, dimension, and styling versatility to your hair.
Whether you have thinning hair or bald spots or want a voluminous lift, hair toppers can conceal sparse hair while also providing styling versatility.
Hair toppers provide an instant, natural-looking fix for thinning hair! All you have to do is clip in your hairpiece, perfect your natural hair blend, and go! Furthermore, hair toppers forthinning hair are relatively simple to maintain over time.
Here are 4 easy steps to wear hair toppers forthinning hair.
Part 1. Choose The Right Hair Topper Type
Step 1. Choose the right hair topper type for your thinning hair. You must choose the right hair topper type for the most natural finish that meets your specific hair needs.
Part toppershelp cover thinning hairwhere your usual parting would be while giving you freestyle options. Top hair toppers are worn at the top and cover multiple areas based on the circumference.
Crown hair toppers are designed to cover the uppermost part of the head, where the skull begins to curve downward. They are an excellent solution for those experiencing hair loss or thinning because they add volume to the crown while concealing bald spots.
- There are different types of hair toppers for different hair needs.
- Some provide coverage at the front, while others offer coverage at the back and top.
Step 2. Select the right hair topper style for thinning hair: Hair toppers are available in different textures and colors: straight, curly, and wavy. If your natural hair texture differs from the hair topper’s, you’ll most likely need to style both your natural hair and the topper’s hair to blend the two seamlessly.
If you can’t find a hair topper that matches your natural hair color, ask if you can dye it or special order it in a color that is closer to yours. If you want to switch up your look, you could dye your hair to match the hair topper.
- When shopping for hair toppers forthinning hair, remember the hair topper color and textures that best complement your natural hair.
- It can be fun to experiment with your style, but consider how much time you want to devote to styling. If you don’t mind a little extra styling, a hair topper is a great way to experiment with different hairstyles.
Tip: Choose a hair topper texture and color that is closest to your natural hair for a more natural look.
Step 3. Choose the right hair topper fiber for thinning hair. Just like regular wigs, hair toppers for thinning hairare made of different fibers like synthetic and human hair. While both have advantages and challenges, they ultimately serve the same purpose: to add instant volume and length to thinning hair.
So, choosing between a human hair topper and a synthetic hair topper ultimately depends on your preference.
- High-quality synthetic hair toppers. High-quality synthetic hair toppers are designed to look and feel like your natural hair. These versatile hair pieces are light, comfortable, and easy to maintain. Since synthetic fibers are lightweight, they are ideal for people with sensitive scalps and thinning hair.
- Human hair toppers. Human hair toppers are made from real human hair, so your hair topper will always look and feel just like your natural hair. You can color and heat-style human hair toppers, making them a fan-favorite due to their versatility.
Part 2. Select The Area You Want To Cover
Select the area on your head that you want to cover with a hair topper. Part your natural hair and choose where you want to place the hair topper. Unfasten all of the clips on the topper’s underside.
Tease your hair lightly on the scalp where the topper clips will be attached for a more secure hold. Fasten the front clip of the topper over the area of hair loss, and voila, you have your hair topper seamlessly concealing your thinning hair!
- Wearing a hair topper for thinning hair is a simple and quick process that takes only a few minutes.
Part 3. Secure The Hair Topper
Secure the hair topper on your thinning hair, so it is comfortable and snug. Apply light pressure to the top of the hair topper and run your fingers down the length of the base to secure your hair topper.
Backcomb your hair at the roots to keep help keep your clips in place and prevent pulling. Textured hair is an excellent way to provide something for your clips to grab onto. Pull the base tightly across the top while securing any remaining clips, and that’s it! You can now move on to the fun part; styling your voluminous hair.
- It is important to clip the topper in so that it is secure and taut – not too tight or too loose – for the most realistic and comfortable finish.
- Since hair toppers are attached to your head with clip-ins, you must ensure that your hair topper is securely in place to enjoy various hairstyles with ease.
- It also prevents tugging on your thinning hair roots.
Part 4. Style Your Hair Topper
Style your hair topper for a seamless finish. Use texturizing hair spray on your voluminous hair and gently comb the hair using a wide-tooth comb an inch away from the clips for a seamless blend.
You can also use heat-styling tools to style your hair in curls or waves for extra volume without worrying about your thinning hair.Apply hair serum as a finishing touch to make your hair appear shiny and luscious.
- Hair toppers can help you restore your confidence by concealing thinning hair.
- The right hairstyle can make a woman feel more confident, chic, and feminine. You can now experiment with different hairstyles using heat-styling tools and products and rediscover your love for your hair with a hair topper.
- With the right hair topper for thinning hair, you can opt for long, luscious, and voluminous hair that is beautiful and stylish. You can be confident in your appearance regardless of your hairstyle.
Things You’ll Need
- Hair topper
- Wide-tooth comb
- Styling products
- Heat-styling tools
Warning: Always keep the temperature of heat tools at a minimum. Make sure to use a heat-protectant spray on your human hair topper before using heat-styling tools to avoid heat damage.