Are you considering a move to Lisbon? If so, you’re in for a treat! Portugal is a beautiful country with a rich culture and friendly people. In this blog post, we’ll give you a preview of what life is like in Portugal and Lisbon. We’ll cover topics like the climate, the food, and the people. So whether you’re just starting to research your options for moving to Portugal, keep reading to learn more about what to expect!
The Climate in Lisbon
Portugal has a temperate climate, which means that it’s never too hot or too cold. The average temperature in Portugal is 18 degrees Celsius (64 degrees Fahrenheit). The temperature does vary depending on the time of year and the region you’re in, but overall, it’s a very comfortable climate. Portuguese winters are mild, and summers are warm with occasional heat waves. Whichever season you move to Portugal in, you’re sure to enjoy the pleasant weather!
The Food in Lisbon
If you love seafood, then you’ll be in heaven when you move to Portugal! Seafood is a staple of the Portuguese diet, and there are many delicious fish dishes to choose from. Portuguese food is also heavy on olive oil, garlic, and spices like cumin and paprika. One of Portugal’s most famous dishes is bacalhau, which is salt cod cooked in olive oil and served with potatoes. Another popular dish is caldo verde, a soup made with kale, potatoes, and sausage. Of course, no meal would be complete without a glass of vinho tinto (red wine)!
The People in Lisbon
Portuguese people are known for being friendly and hospitable. When you move to Portugal, you can expect to be greeted with smiles everywhere you go. Portuguese people are also very proud of their culture and heritage. You’ll find that they’re happy to chat about their country’s history, art, literature, and food. And if you need any help getting settled into your new life in Portugal, don’t hesitate to ask your new neighbors—they’ll be more than happy to help! It’s also not that hard to find Portugal jobs for foreigners.
We hope this preview has given you a better idea of what is like living in Portugal. If you’re looking for a beautiful country with great weather and friendly people, then Portugal is the place for you!
So what are you waiting for? For more information about life in Lisbon, check out Lisbongo.
Living in Athens
If you’re moving to Athens, Greece, there are a few things you should know in order to make the most of your experience. From the best neighborhood to live in to where to find the best food, read on for our top tips for living in Greece.
5 Tips for Living in Greece, Athens
1. Embrace the Mediterranean lifestyle. One of the best things about living in Athens is that you get to enjoy the Mediterranean lifestyle. This means plenty of sunshine, good food, and a relaxed way of life. Embrace it!
2. Learn some Greek. While you don’t need to be fluent in Greek to live in Athens, it definitely helps to know at least some basics. Learning a few key phrases will go a long way in making your experience more enjoyable. And who knows, maybe you’ll even make some local friends along the way. It’s also a good way to find Greece jobs for foreigners.
3. Explore the city. Athens is a historic and culturally rich city with plenty to see and do. From exploring the Acropolis to visiting one of the many museums or art galleries, you’ll never find yourself bored here. take some time to explore all that Athens has to offer.
4. Enjoy the food. Greece is known for its delicious cuisine and Athens is no exception. Make sure to try some of the local specialties like dolmades (stuffed grape leaves), Souvlaki (kebabs), and Baklava (a type of pastry). Yum!
5. Get out of town. While Athens is a great city, it’s also worth taking some time to explore other parts of Greece as well. From its stunning beaches to its idyllic islands, there’s so much to see and do outside of Athens as well. So don’t forget to add some day trips or even longer vacations into your plans as well!
Moving to Athens can be a great experience if you know what to expect and how best to enjoy everything this historic city has to offer. By following our 5 tips above, you’ll be sure to have a fantastic time moving to Greece.
For more information about life in Athens, check out Athenser.