Having the correct amount of magnesium in our body is essential to our health. It is a vital mineral that keeps our heart healthy and helps our body in many other ways. It helps us to recover from exercise and have smooth skin.
Some food items in which it can be found are such as:
- Whole grain
Benefits Of Magnesium For Our Body
Getting enough magnesium into your diet can help improve athletic performance of a person. Various benefits of intaking magnesium are as follows:
- Reduce muscle soreness, cramping, and fatigue. Being an essential mineral, it is also helpful in promoting restful sleep.
- Magnesium is a key component of many chemical reactions within the body. It is involved in more than 300 biological functions. Some of its functions include helping the body produce ATP (the body’s energy currency), aiding muscle contraction, and controlling oxidative stress.
- It plays an important role in maintaining the body’s electrolyte balance and is also essential for bone metabolism, cardiac activity, and neurological activity.
- It is involved in the production of nucleic acids.
- Helps the body convert carbohydrates to glucose and glycogen.
- Helps the body process protein and dispose of lactic acid.
- It helps in improving performance and speeding up recovery time.
- It not only prevents cramping and spasming muscles but also helps in reducing depression, stress, and anxiety.
- Being one of the important minerals for the body’s immune system, it can reduce inflammation and swelling.
- It can also help to reduce joint stiffness, which can be caused by lactic acid build-up during exercise.
Benefits Of Topically Applying To Skin
Using magnesium over the skin can help in reducing inflammation and reduce the appearance of skin imperfections.
Magnesium is a cofactor that cells need to produce energy. It is also a humectant that helps in increasing moisture levels in the skin. It also supports nerve and muscle function and also helps the body use calcium and Vitamin D effectively.
Magnesium helps the body relax, which promotes better sleep. It also supports the body’s immune system. It is also believed that magnesium can reduce cortisol levels, a stress hormone. Cortisol promotes a heightened inflammatory response and can increase the severity of acne.
Magnesium helps the body metabolize fatty acids and keeps skin moisturized. It also helps to decrease the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
Magnesium is also thought to support the skin’s natural ability to resist oxidative stress. Like ultraviolet rays which can damage the skin by causing free radical damage. When the skin is exposed to these rays, it can cause sun spots, a condition that can cause uneven skin tone. Magnesium Body Lotion can be a great way to keep your skin soft, healthy, and hydrated which will help to reduce redness and soothe dry, irritated skin.
Magnesium not only helps the skin by regulating the cellular repair and replication of cells but also shows promise as an anti-inflammatory agent and as a regulator of cellular regeneration.
Intake of the magnesium supplementation in any form can help any athlete in improving the exercise performance by increasing the amount of glucose that can be utilized during exercise which could contribute to a lower perception of fatigue. It can also decrease the amount of oxygen required during submaximal exercise.Applying magnesium body lotion can be one such a way which helps in muscle recovery after every work-out as it helps with stimulating calcium that help in fastening the muscle recovery. It is also very beneficial for people who work-out on regular basis as it helps in maintaining a healthy heart, strong bones and always try to maintain a normal blood pressure during and post-workouts.