There’s an obvious misconception that’s been built around vacuums for quite some time already, that they’re only made for in-house usage.
On the contrary, brands manufacturing vacuums have had a higher aim for tens of years to expand from in-house usage to more and more areas.
For instance, robot vacuums are used a lot in offices nowadays.
Central Vacuums can work heavenly in malls and shopping centers.
And then there are the best RV vacuum cleaners, which made a huge contribution to the cleanliness of smaller and portable living areas, especially the RVs.
In this guide, created in cooperation with CleanersAdvisor.com, we’ll talk in-depth about Vacuums, RV vacuums, and why you’ll need an RV vacuum.
Additionally, we’ll give you a list of the Best RV Vacuum cleaners to choose from, and what features should you be looking for in those vacuums.
What Is a Vacuum
Vacuums are machines invented in the early 1900s, with the sole goal of using motor power to suck in any type of unpleasant dirt that can be found inside a household’s parameters.
Those vacuums were simple back in the day, but nowadays vacuums have been on the rise due to their usage of advanced technology in more and more tasks.
For instance, robot vacuums nowadays use laser-guided systems to guide the path of the vacuum. Such systems would only be found in military-supported projects.
Anyway, vacuums stopped being 1-trick ponies and started doing more than just getting rid of dirt in simple ways, and started providing customers with more powerful performances, and more convenience.
What is an RV Vacuum
There are multiple vacuums that work in smaller areas, but a few that are made compatible to work inside an RV vacuum.
An RV vacuum is a vacuum that’s manufactured specifically to work inside an RV.
Manufacturers who created those vacuums put in their agendas manufacturing the RV with the RV area in mind.
RVs are special in a way, as they aren’t that large space-wise, and the rooms are connected to each other in a simpler way than that in a house.
Moreover, they’re mostly covered by carpet, and the presence of a pet inside the RV can cause chaos easily.
Therefore, RV vacuums are made specifically to counter such potential dirt or obstacles.
Why Do You Need an RV Vacuum
RVs can easily get dirty without a moment’s notice.
If you have a hyperactive pet, or a family member of yours always forgets to clean their shoes before entering the RV, then you’re in for a lot of dirt and cleaning on daily basis.
Additionally, leaving the windows open at night would allow more sand and forest leaves into the RV as well.
Therefore, you need the best RV Vacuum Cleaner for your own convenience, and to make sure none of that will disturb the family rides you’ll take on weekends.
What to Look for in the Best RV Vacuum
To make picking the most suitable RV vacuum for you, we’ve gathered a list of the most important features you should look for when searching for the RV vacuum.
Those features include
1. Suitable Power Suction: Not just the most powerful, but the most suitable, since you won’t need the suction power of an upright vacuum, but a suitable one from a corded stick or a handheld vacuum.
2. Power Cord Suits the RV’s Inner Space: the larger the RV’s inner space, the longer the power cord should be, so you can maneuver easier inside the RV while vacuuming. Failing to obtain a suitable power cord length will force you to move often unplugging and then plugging the power cord from one area to another.
3. Suitable Weight: you won’t be using a 70-pound vacuum inside the RV, that doesn’t make sense. We advise you to obtain an RV that doesn’t weigh more than 9-10 pounds, so as to carry it around with ease around the RV.
4. Can Be Converted to Handheld: if you’re looking for a stick corded or cordless vacuum, we recommend purchasing a vacuum that can be easily converted to a handheld vacuum to deal with specific dirt and dust.
5. Comes with Useful Attachments: the more useful attachments come with the RV vacuum, the more versatile your methods of cleaning would be.
6. HEPA Filtration: HEPA filtration is a must, there isn’t any filter that does better than a HEPA filter inside an RV.
Here’s a list of the best RV vacuums on the market in 2023:
BISSELL Crosswave Pet Pro Wet Dry Vacuum (Editor’s Choice)
Dirt Devil Central Vacuum System (Best Central Vacuum System)
Shark Rocket Ultra-Light Hand Vacuum (Best for Deep Cleaning + Pets)
BLACK+DECKER 20V Max Handheld Vacuum (Best Budget Friendly)
Do you want to check their features, prices, and buying options? Click on the link we inserted in the introduction to this guide.
This concludes our guide for the top RV vacuum cleaners on the market in 2023.
You have 4 of the finest models, and a guide to help you read more about their prices and buying options.Additionally, check our comparison guide between Dyson V10 vs V11, as it contains further information that may help you make up your mind.