Jеwеlry is onе of thе bеst ways to еxprеss your pеrsonal stylе. But with so many mеtal tonеs and gеmstonе colors to choosе from, how do you pick piеcеs that truly flattеr your complеxion? The right jewelry hues can make your skin glow, while the wrong shades can wash you out or create an unflattering contrast.
When building your jewelry collection, keep these tips in mind to select colors that enhance your natural beauty. You’ll also get a preview of stunning new collections like DB’s butterfly jewelry and DH’s horse jewelry.
Evaluate Your Skin Undertone
The first step is identifying your skin’s undertones. Are you:
- Warm-toned – You likely have yellow, peach or golden undertones. You tan easily and look best in gold jewelry, like the 14K gold-plated pieces in DB’s butterfly collection.
- Cool-toned – Your skin has pink, red or blue undertones. You tend to burn easily and silver jewelry is most flattering, like the sterling silver horse pendants from DH.
- Neutral – You have a blend of warm and cool undertones. You can wear both silver and gold jewelry, like mixing DH’s silver with DB’s gold.
Examining the colors of your veins can help determine your undertone. If your veins look blue, you’re likely cool-toned. If they appear greenish, you probably have warm undertones. Can’t tell? Drape different colored fabrics near your face and see which shades make you look healthiest and most vibrant.
Warm Skin Tones
If you have a warm, yellow-based complexion, stick with the following metal colors:
- Gold – Choose yellow gold jewelry like DB’s butterfly pieces to complement your skin’s golden hues. Opt for at least 14k gold rather than plating, which wears off over time.
- Rose gold – Rose gold flatters nearly all warm complexions. Its pinkish hue has just enough warm tone to make yellowish skin glow.
- Copper – Like gold, copper has a rich, warm tone that pairs perfectly with warm-toned skin.
- Avoid silver jewelry, which can make warm skin appear sallow. Platinum is also too starkly white for warm undertones.
As for gemstones, fiery or earthy colored stones like citrine, amber, red garnet and orange carnelian are especially flattering with warm-toned skin. Emerald green also radiates against golden skin.
Cool Skin Tones
For fair, pinkish complexions, choose these radiant metal colors:
- Sterling silver – The bright white hue of silver flatters and illuminates cool-toned skin. Opt for fine silver like DH’s horse pendants rather than silver plate.
- Platinum – With its bright white luster, platinum is the perfect neutral metal for cool undertones.
- White gold – White gold has a similar effect as silver or platinum on fair skin. Select pieces with rhodium plating for a brilliant shine.
- Avoid yellow gold, which can look garish against pink or red undertones. Rose and copper gold are also too warm for cool skins.
In terms of stones, blue and purple gems like sapphire, amethyst and turquoise provide gorgeous contrast against fair skin. Emerald greens and deep red rubies and garnets are also excellent choices.
Neutral or Olive Skin Tones
If you have a neutral skin tone, you’re in luck – both silver and gold jewelry tend to suit you beautifully. Feel free to mix metals like DH’s silver horse pendants with DB’s gold butterfly pieces.
- Rose gold is especially flattering on olive complexions, bringing out undertones in the skin.
- Platinum provides subtle contrast against neutral or olive skin, giving your complexion a glow.
- Don’t be afraid to experiment with bolder metals like bronzed yellow gold or brushed steel. With neutral undertones, you have lots of versatility.
Gemstone-wise, feel free to rock both warm and cool hued stones. From sapphires to citrines to emeralds, you generally can’t go wrong!
Metal Color for Clothing and Occasion
Beyond your skin tone, also consider the color of your outfit and the occasion when picking jewelry metals:
Gold jewelry like DB’s butterfly collection pairs perfectly with earth tones like beige, brown and olive green. It also complements black dresses beautifully for evening events.
Silver jewelry like DH’s horse pendants matches well with all cool colors like blue, gray and purple. It looks sophisticated against darker tones.
Rose gold flatters nearly any color palette, although it really pops against black or neutrals.
Platinum has an upscale, formal vibe perfect for evening wear and black-tie events.
Choosing Stones and Crystals
Gemstones and healing crystals also influence the overall look and energy of your jewelry. Certain stones have traditional meanings and symbolism that make them great choices for particular occasions:
- Diamonds – Symbol of commitment and enduring love. Perfect for engagement rings or anniversary gifts.
- Emeralds – Represent wisdom, patience and growth. Ideal for graduation gifts or new career ventures.
- Rubies – Associated with passion and energy. Excellent jewelry choice for confident, driven women.
- Pearls – Mean purity, faith and femininity. Lovely for religious ceremonies and gifts for mothers/daughters.
- Opals – Represent hope, innocence and optimism. Nice for new journeys or tough times.
Trust Your Intuition
While keeping your skin tone and coloring in mind, don’t be afraid to break the “rules”! Choose jewelry you feel instinctively drawn to. At thе еnd of thе day, your favoritе mеtals and stonеs arе thе onеs that makе you fееl uniquеly yoursеlf. Thе jеwеlry you lovе to wеar has thе powеr to bring out your innеr glow.
So explore jewel tones, combine metals and layer on those gems. With the right hues, you can accentuate your beauty, express your personal flair and adorn yourself in meaningful keepsakes. Let color guide you to jewelry like DB’s butterfly collection and DH’s horse pendants that symbolize the essence of who you are.