Remote working has become a common practice in many companies already. Over the last few years, the remote work trend has made it easier for businesses to attract and recruit the very best employees, freelancers and any independent workers from anywhere in the world. Besides fully remote work options, many esteemed businesses are also offering their full-time staff to work remotely once or twice in a week to encourage better work-life balance and reduce burnout rates.
Remote work has become a necessity for many businesses, starting from senior executive to junior interns, a large number of employees are showing their interest to continue working remotely. Which is why it is essential to have an updated remote team management strategy. With the use of productivity and management tools, managers can easily ensure that every remote worker is working as productively as possible. The key to succeed in a remote work environment lies in narrowing down a list of useful remote management tools to ensure every remote employee falls into the grid. The right kind of tools can help your widely spreaded team to stay connected and communicative with each other. So let us look at some of the best tools to manage remote employees to increase their performance and productivity that can help your organisation to grow.
- Trello: Trello helps managers to keep his remote teams to stay organized and up to date with every single project. The tool allows users to organize their tasks in a kanban board system, to streamline task workflow for all. Employees can use the tool to upload files, assign tasks to members and add comments. Making it easier for all the remote teams to work together, track daily tasks or long term goals and get work updates.
- CloudDesk: Implementing a software for monitoring work from home employees plays a vital role in keeping employees productive. Managers are always eager to know how their remote employees are working, their total working hours, productivity level and their overall internet usage to understand their working practice better. The software tracks employee computer activity during working hours to help managers get valuable insight to guide its employees efficiently. Knowing how your remote employees work is crucial for every industry, starting from small businesses to large financial institutes, data entry centers to call centers, agencies, consultants, freelancers, work from home employees and many more.
- Slack: Communication is very important to manage a successful remote team. Slack is a powerful communication tool for team members to communicate effortlessly. With a wide range of features and customizable options, it allows remote teams to create distinct channels for different workspaces, set notification, track documents and quickly check history logs. This all-in-one messaging platform empowers your teams to conduct private chats or with the whole team.
- Cloudapper: CloudApper is a no-code platform that empowers businesses to easily create business applications as per their requirement without requiring any technical skills. The platform has built-in apps and also the option to create and customise any app to keep your business process automated. You can use the platform to create an app simply by using drag and drop features and create business applications at lower cost.
- Zoom: Zoom is a great tool for larger remote teams to bring them together for a video call. The tool provides advanced video conferencing ability that allows businesses to host meetings and share screens simultaneously with up to 50 people with a 40 minute call duration limit in their free version. Paid users can add up to 500 people which empowers teams to communicate with each other in one meeting. With the option to record meetings and save it to the cloud for future access. The tools also enable multiple panellists to present their ideas to over a thousand participants at a time. You can also schedule a call in advance for a future meeting. Thus all this options make it an extremely required tool for remote teams.
- G-Suite: G-suite is a simple, free and uncomplicated platform that lets you create documents, spreadsheets and make professional presentations with a range of built-in templates. Anyone who has the access can edit and do the proofreading, making it easier for teams to work on the same file from distributed locations. The platform simply removes productivity bottlenecks and allows remote teams to share files with one another without any hassle. It helps remote teams enormously to stay organized and on the same workflow.
- Evernote: Evernote is one of the most popular on-the-go note-taking tools that attracted users since it launched. The tools let you keep your task organized in the most effective way possible. Once you keep your file organized, you can easily find or search data. You can also share your file with other users. When you are managing a remote team, it is very crucial that you remain very organized. Keep your to-do list ready. Evernote is a powerful tool that allows you to organize your task to manage a team efficiently.
- 1Password:1Password saves managers to maintain a list of passwords and remember who has access to which one. The tools saves passwords securely andlets approved team members access the shared platform to see passwords within clocks.
- Canva: Canva is a popular platform to collaborate on design and graphic-related work, giving remote teams the access to millions of photos, fonts and templates. It lets distributed team members edit layouts, save colours, resize photos and make other changes all from various locations.
- CircleCare: Employee wellness directly impacts their productivity and self-improvement. Which is why health-tracking programs are extremely important for remote employees giving priority to their physical and mental health. CircleCare is a corporate wellness application with a goal to promote health and fitness to employees. Employees can use the wellbeing app to participate in the company’s wellness program, where the company can track remote employee’s daily progress. Managers can set certain healthy activities for employees and encourage them to participate to maintain their fitness. Based on the employee’s input, the app shares fitness tips and encourages them to do physical exercise daily.
Finally, choosing the right remote working tools is the key to increasing productivity in the workplace. While there are many tools available in the market, it is a challenging task to find the right one. Also it is equally important to use minimal tools so that your employees don’t have to spend a lot of time on tools.