Is your video file gets corrupted or damaged due to some reason? Struggling hard to fix this issue but don’t know how to repair corrupted video files? If your answer is yes, then you need to read this helpful guide.
Here, I have mentioned 2 effective ways to repair damaged/corrupted video file. Apart from that, I will also let you know some of the common causes of video file corruption issue.
So, you must check them out before jumping to solutions.
Common Reasons for Video File Corruption
Sometimes, your video file files get corrupted or become inaccessible due to some unexpected reasons. If you want to know the reasons behind video file corruption the check out the below section:
- Having poor internet connection
- Sudden shutdown of a system
- Converting the video file format in incorrect way
- Interrupting while transferring or downloading the video
- Due to the virus or malware attacks
- Recording video in low battery
- Having faulty, unauthorized or improper media player
That’ it! These are some of the common reasons that could often lead to video file corruption.
How to Repair Corrupted/Damaged Video Files Manually?
If you want to learn the solutions on how to repair corrupted video files, then go through this straightforward way. Here, I have listed 2 best solutions to repair video files successfully.
Method #1: How to Fix Corrupt Video Files using VLC?
When you video file get corrupted then you can repair corrupted video files by using the VLC media player. It is one of the handful ways to fix the damaged video files.
Here’ how to fix corrupted/damaged video files using VLC:
Step 1: Firstly, you need to launch a VLC Media Player & choose “Media then Convert/Save”
Step 2: After that, add your corrupted video file & click on “Convert/Save” again.
Step 3: Under a convert window, you need to look for your destination folder & click on “Start”
Step 4: Next, open a VLC then click on “Preferences”
Step 5: Then, choose the option “Always fix” in the “damaged or incomplete AVI file” & click on “Save” option.
That’ it! Now you can try to play your damaged video file using VLC media player.
Method #2: Convert the Video File Format to Another Video File
To play your corrupted video file again, you can convert the video file format into another file format like – MP4, MOV, WMV, AVI, MTS, FLV, or MKV.
But you must note a thing; always make use of a safe & secure online converter tool in order to convert the damaged video files.
Follow these steps to know how to make your video file playable again:
- Open a VLC Media Player.
- Then, click on the Media button then press a Convert/Save option.
- Next, make use of Add button in order to add the file that you need to convert…
- After that, select output format MP4/MOV from an appearing Profile.
- Finally, click on a Browse to select a Destination file & simply provide a file name.
How Do You Know If Your Video File Is Corrupted?
If you are noticing any of the below signs and symbols in your video file then no doubt your video file is corrupted.
- Blurry /flickering/ Choppy videos
- No video, only the audio will play
- Computer starts freezing while playing video
- Video File Format will not support by your PC.
- Video lagging problem
- Video will not able to play properly
- Black screen issue.
Bonus Tips: How to Prevent Video File Corruption
If you want to avoid such kind of video corruption issues in future then you must read out the below given tips carefully:
- Before making any changes in your video files, make sure to create the copy of the original one.
- If you suspect that your system has an anti-virus, always try to keep its OS updated.
- While downloading any videos or movies using internet, make sure there is not any connection issue.
- Always create backup in more than one place to keep your data safe. You can back up your files using CD, DVD or other cloud storage.
Time To Wrap Up
This article is all about how to repair corrupted video files. Hence, if your video files get corrupted/damaged due to any reasons then you need try out the aforementioned solutions to repair corrupted video file.
I just hope, one of the solutions will help you to fix your damaged video files.
To avoid further video corruption issues, you must check out the given tips. Hope you like reading this post.