Just studying is not enough but learning effectively is what matters to perform well in the exams. Students must be well thorough with the syllabus and pattern of the exam. English is a global language and students should consider it as an important subject. To score well in Class 10 English exam, students must practice a lot other than memorizing the questions from textbooks.
The ten study methods that work to perform well in the Class 10 English are:
1. Make a Study Schedule: Students should create a study schedule and strictly follow it. Set a target of chapters you want to finish every day. Set a time for each topic or chapter and try to complete it within that time limit. This will help the students to know how many portions they have completed. Students should take a break to refresh their minds.
2. Studying in an Appropriate Time and Place: Studying for 10-12 hours a day will only make you tired and you are not much benefit. Students must study with full concentration. They should choose a quiet place with no distractions. Even if students study for 3-4 hours with a focused mind will be of great advantage. It is advised to study in the same place every day as it will help the students develop their concentration better. Students can also improve their concentration by exercise and meditation.
3. Read the NCERT textbook thoroughly: First priority must be given to the NCERT textbook. Students are highly recommended to read each and every line in the chapter thoroughly. Read the chapter loudly to improve speech and vocabulary as well as to understand the details. It will help them to memorize the chapter, themes, and important points easily. Reading these books like a novel will help you to understand the concepts easily. All chapters and poems must be read at least once.
4. Follow NCERT solutions: Students should try to answer all the questions given at the end of the chapters and poems. Students should verify their answers by referring to the NCERT solutions. It is important as most of the questions in the exam are asked from the NCERT textbooks. NCERT solutions will guide the students on how to frame accurate and error-free answers according to the marks’ weightage. It will help them to express the author’s thoughts or the poet’s ideas. NCERT solutions will definitely help the students to score good marks in the exam.
5. Making good notes: Students should make notes in their own words as it will help them to recall the main points in a short time and save time from reading the chapters again and again. The names of poets, authors, characters, and events must be written on the notes or cards to remember quickly at the last minute. Having notes will be of great help during revision time.
6. Solve sample and previous papers: Students should take some time out to solve the English Class 7 CBSE Sample Papers as much as they can to assess their preparation and performance. Students will get to identify their weak areas and must try to rectify them soon. They should make sure they won’t repeat the same mistakes in the main exam. This will also help them to get an idea of the difficulty level of the paper as well as the type of questions that might be asked in the exam. Sometimes, questions are repeated from previous years’ papers. Students can also analyze the questions that are repeated frequently. It will also help to assess your writing speed and will further increase the confidence among the students to appear for the exam.
7. Practice and revise regularly: Students should regularly practice writing answers and essays to increase accuracy and reduce grammatical errors. Every answer must be written in a precise format to know where they are making mistakes like grammar, spelling errors, etc. This will help them to practice in those areas and improve them. Constant practice will help the students to improve their speed, time, and accuracy. It will also help them to improve their presentation skills. It is also recommended to focus on important topics which will help you to score easily. Revision is extremely important and students must revise at least twice before the exam. Revising the completed portion is a more effective way than studying anything new before the exam.
8. Enhance Vocabulary: Students are advised to read newspapers, novels or magazines, etc daily and develop their reading and comprehension skills. Along with this, it will help you to strengthen your vocabulary. Students must try to write a new word they come across while reading with meaning as well as a sentence with that word every day.
9. Time Management: While solving mock tests, students should set a time limit and try to complete the exam within the given time. Students should divide the time that is required for each section. Time management is very important in order to attempt all the questions. Spending too much time on a single question or one section alone will be a disadvantage for the student.
10. Grammar and writing: Students must be thorough with the grammar rules and exceptions as it plays a major role in writing answers, essays, letter writings, etc. Students must clearly understand how to write letters and must practice presenting well in the exam without mistakes. It is advised for the students to try writing on the topics that are trending in the media as it will help them to improve their writing and vocabulary skills.
And not just these, students can also improve their English skills by talking to their peers. It will help them improve their speaking skills as well as give them the confidence to speak without mistakes. Students cannot master the language in one day. They should enjoy practicing and revising regularly by reading, listening, writing, and speaking. This will become easier for the students to score the marks they desire.