QuickBooks Cloud Hosting includes the installation of the QuickBooks Desktop version on the cloud-hosted server over the internet to allow access through a web browser from any place. In simple words, only authenticated users can access the data and files in a Hosted QuickBooks from any place and at any time, without installing it on a local machine. QuickBooks Hosting grants a user the best of both systems, the strength of the QuickBooks desktop version and the ease of access provided by the QuickBooks online version.
If you are planning to launch your own website then, it is recommended to consider all the types of web hosting services, their pros, and cons.
Here is how QuickBooks Hosting works:
- A service provider installs licensed copies of QuickBooks on the server
- The QuickBooks user is given access to the server with specific configurations:
- Proper security measures are deployed to protect the application
- Connectivity amongst the server and the end-user device is achieved using Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) that can be configured to log in.
- Server is modified to be accessed from any devices like smartphones, tablets, desktops, etc. operated on several Operating Systems/platforms such as iOS, MacOS, Windows, Android, etc.
- The user can get access and operate QuickBooks through a web browser such as Chrome, Firefox, IE, etc., or RDP shortcut. The rest of the UI, features and additional functionalities stay the same as QBD.
- All the modifications made on hosted QuickBooks are automatically saved and gets instantly displayed to other authorized users.
Comparing QuickBooks Hosting and Traditional QuickBooks Desktop
QuickBooks Desktop is one of the most exceptional and demanded accounting applications. However, there are some limitations that exist with the software that can restrain accountants and CPAs from reaching the highest potential. Here are some of the limitations of QuickBooks Desktop:
- Restricted user access
- All data stays only on the local device
- Resource constraints of the local device
- No Remote Access
- No real-time team collaboration
- Inconvenient methods of sharing & transferring files
- Lack of data entry automation
- Lack of update automation
Most of the limitations mentioned before can be relieved with the help of cloud technology. You can also use a Microsoft Azure Virtual Desktop to increase your productivity. As QuickBooks Hosting operates on cloud technology, it gets all the advantages and features that cloud offers which include:
- Added user access
- Tracking real-time change
- Effortless file sharing with unlimited users
- Scalability and flexibility with resources
- Decreased local IT costs
- Easy integration with add-ons and tools
- Disaster recovery and regular backups
Methods of Hosting QuickBooks
Hosting of QuickBooks Desktop application can be done in the following 3 methods:
- Dedicated Hosting: Several users are connected directly to the QuickBooks installed server.
- Peer-to-Peer Hosting: This hosting mode is normally utilized for on-premises hosting. Here a single user hosts the application and data to give access to other users on the network.
- Alternate Hosting: One main user is linked to the hosting server via the Internet. Other users link to the main user to access the application on the local network.
Apps4Rent is the best provider for services related to QuickBooks Hosting with exceptional support and maintenance. Apart from that, they also provide services to migrate Tenants to Tenant Office 365 and much more.