Mind maps are a must-have for any conceptual project, as these diagrams convey ideas in the simplest manner possible. And making one is no challenge as long as you know what to add where.
A platform where you can brainstorm, create and present your mind maps. How does that sound? Pretty good, right? This is where EdrawMind comes in with its extensive toolkit, customization options, and editable templates.
This article will tell how you can brainstorm and create mind maps with this tool. So, let’s get in.
What is a Mind Map? Why Do You Need Mind Maps?
A mind Map is a non-linear visual representation of any complex concept. It features connections using images, simple text, and small phrases that convey your ideas to the viewer. Most people prefer using them to improve their visual memory.
Likewise, having a mind map can help others develop a subjective understanding of your concept. This saves you so much time and effort that can otherwise be wasted to get others on board. This is why mind maps are the best companions of project managers, students, and marketers.
EdrawMind: An All-in-One Mind Map Solution
EdrawMind is a complete platform where you can brainstorm, create, arrange, and present your basic or detailed mind maps. This software features unlimited readymade templates for you to choose one and save time. Moreover, its extensive toolkit allows you to create a mind map from scratch.
Here is why this mind map software is the solution to all your mind map problems.
Large Template Community
Discover a number of editable model examples using the readymade templates available on Wondershare EdrawMind. Just scroll down these templates and find the perfect match for your task. All you need is to click the suitable option and export its components to the editing panel. Similarly, publish your work and share it with the online community.
EdrawMind is a cloud-based application and features a shared working space. It simply means your entire team can collaborate easily, whether it is through revisions, giving feedback, or discussing future prospects of a project. For this, the creator gives access to whoever he/ she wants, so they can view, edit, and comment on their diagrams.
Got no time and have a presentation tomorrow? EdrawMind Auto-Presentation function has got you covered with its detailed slide show. It creates slides for each part of your diagram, and all you have to do is activate it. For this, go to Slide Show from the top menu and click Slide Preview. The rest will be taken care of by the tool.
How to Use EdrawMind: A Complete Guide
Using EdrawMind is no challenge, all thanks to its easily accessible toolkit and intuitive interface. Here is how you can create exciting and detailed mind maps using this tool.
Create a Mind Map in 3 Steps
- Open the EdrawMind Online application on your browser and enter the login information.
- Next, go to the main menu and click New Mind Map. An editing panel will appear on your screen.
- Add your main idea and main topics on the mind map format given on this editing panel. You can expand your mind map by using the Sub-Topic button from the top menu.
Create an Outline in 4 Steps
- Start the process by navigating to the EdrawMind online on the browser and logging in.
- Open the New Outline from the main menu. You will see an editing panel on your screen.
- Start adding your main idea and topics to the outline. Also, use the Decrease Indent to add sub-topics and expand the outline.
- Now that the outline is complete, you can transform it using the Mind Map button (just above the diagram).
Note: You can also do it in reverse order, i.e., create a mind map and change it into the outline.
Customize Your Mind Maps
- Use the top menu to add hyperlinks, marks, and images to your mind map.
- EdrawMind Online has an easily accessible information setting panel on the right side. You can change the diagram’s theme, layout, style, and color. Also, it has an alignment option that allows you to change the spacing between topic boxes.
Export the Diagram
- The diagram is complete; all that is left is to save it on your device. Just go to the top-right corner and click Export > Save As > Option of Your Choice.
Note: EdrawMind Online supports multiple file formats, including PDF, PPT, Word, etc.
Share the Diagram
EdrawMind is a cloud-based application, which means you can get other people to comment on your diagram. For this, all you need to do is share it with them. And here is how you can do it.
- Click the Share button from the top-right corner and edit its access.
The best part of this function is that the creator is in control of who can do what.
Explore EdrawMind Online: Create Exciting Mind Maps
EdrawMind Online is convenient as well as easy to use. It has a detailed toolkit and customizable options, both pretty understandable for newbies and professionals alike. Here is why anyone would prefer using this mind map online application and how to use it.
Wondershare EdrawMind Online features hyperlinks, images, and attachment file options for you to add reference material to the mind maps. You can also prioritize some parts of the diagram using its Mark feature. Apart from this, it has a complete setting panel to change the layout, color theme, and alignment of the mind map.
The best part of using EdrawMind is its built-in outliner function. With this, you can brainstorm ideas and arrange them as per your order of priorities. Moreover, once the outline is complete, you can change it into a full-fledged mind map just by pressing one button.
Have a presentation and don’t know how to deliver it in the shortest time possible? Turn to EdrawMind readymade templates. Here, you can find everything, be it seminar maps, event planning, project plans, or assignments. All you have to do is find the exact match and customize it to your liking. It won’t take you more than 10 minutes.