Based on the homonymous novels by Sherryl Woods, “Sweet Magnolias” (“Sweet Magnolias” in its original language) is a Netflix series that tells the story of three women who have been best friends since school and who have been together all their lives in South Carolina. Throughout this story, the trio grapples with the complications of love, career, and starting a family.
One of these girls is Maddie Townsend, a mother of three who discovers that her husband is cheating on her. Although she has someone behind her, she is not ready to be on everyone’s lips.
” Sweet Magnolias ” is a romantic drama created by Sheryl J. Anderson and starring JoAnna Garcia Swisher, Brooke Elliott, and Heather Headley, filming for which began on July 8, 2019, in Covington, Georgia.
The 10 episodes of the first season of ” Sweet Magnolias ” are available on Netflix from Tuesday, May 19, 2020, but users of the service are already asking for a second installment.
“Sweet Magnolias”, Will It Have Season 2?
So far, the streaming giant has not made any announcements about the future of ” Sweet Magnolias, ” but apparently in the last chapter, when the dance approaches and Maddie decides Cal, while Dana Sue tries to protect her future and Helen requests an emergency margarita night, the story of these three friends will almost certainly continue.
As the entire series of books on which this show is based consists of 11 novels, the producers have plenty of material for a second season … and even a third and fourth. According to the same Sherryl Woods, who is also the executive producer of fiction, the first installment of ” Sweet Magnolias ” only included material from the first three books.
Another point in favor of the renovation is the cast. In addition to bringing together performers who have worked on renowned series such as “Once Upon a Time,” “Gossip Girl,” “Drop Dead Diva,” and “Chicago Med,” it also stars Jamie Lynn Spears in his first television role since ” Zoey 101. “, which came to an end in 2008.
For now, it only remains to wait for the official response from Netflix, which usually takes a few weeks to evaluate the audience’s response before deciding whether to renew or cancel one of its original productions.
When Will Season 2 Of “Sweet Magnolias” Release?
If Netflix renews ” Sweet Magnolias ” for a second season, it is most likely that the new episodes will premiere on the streaming platform sometime in 2022.
Episodes Of Season 1 Of “Sweet Magnolias”
- Vent . In full view, Maddie tries to get over Bill’s betrayal. Dana Sue faces problems in her kitchen. Helen makes a purchase that could change her life.
- A united front . Maddie talks to coach Cal about Tyler’s struggles both on and off the field. Helen struggles to help a broken family.
- Give drink to the thirsty . In the midst of setbacks in renovation plans, Maddie reaches an agreement with Bill, Dana Sue suffers from work and family pressure, and Kyle opens up with Noreen.
- Drop your load . Rumors about Maddie’s new friend sweep across town, Dana Sue fears for her health, and Helen takes a legal dispute to heart.
- Who takes away the dancing? Nature, a clumsy contractor, and Maddie’s eternal rival plot to screw up the spa opening. Tyler helps Annie out of an awkward situation.
- Best intentions . Maddie wants to go out with Cal unobserved, Annie feels humiliated and betrayed by Tyler, and Bill surprises the boys with a special invitation.
- Give me your hand . The bond between Maddie and Cal brings complications, Helen defends a student from the mock trial, Noreen receives a pleasant visitor, and Erik approaches Isaac.
- How foolish these mortals are! Bill makes several bad decisions affecting those closest to him, Noreen attends Kyle’s play, and Maddie takes a big step in her relationship with Cal.
- Here you find me . The mock trial arrives, and Kyle’s attitude causes concern. On the other hand, sparks fly between Dana Sue and a very handsome father.
- Storms and rainbows . The dance approaches, and Maddie makes a decision about Cal. Dana Sue tries to protect her future, and Helen requests an emergency margarita night.
Actors And Characters Of “Sweet Magnolias”
“Sweet Magnolias” stars 3 lifelong friends: Maddie, Helen, and Dana. Actresses leading the cast are Joanna Garcia Swisher, Heather Headley, and Brooke Elliot, respectively.
The series also includes the participation of Chris Klein, Justin Bruening, Carson Rowland, Logan Allen, Anneliese Judge, Dion Johnstone, Jamie Lynn Spears, Chris Medlin, Harlan Drum, Sam Ashby, and Hunter Burke, to mention some of the actors involved in this project.